Views
Helpful
Replies

R2 Signalling config and troubleshooting

javiero_2
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I am setting up an AS5300 with 4 E1s. It is terminating in Iraq and I am not getting any detailed information from the Telco switch operator. Since there is no country selection for Iraq in the cas-custom settings, I am finding it hard to choose the cas-custom R2 settings.

It seems that when I use cas-custom coutry easteurope, I get the status of ringing on my H323 client. After a while the call ends with cause code 13 "no user answer". This looks promising, but the phone never rings at the destination.

I am attaching the debugs from a single call attempt. The debugs are debug csm voice, vtsp all, and cas.

5 Replies 5

zibouche
Level 1
Level 1

hello

javero i have a cisco as 5300 whith 4 E1 too an my conf is :

controller E1 0

framing NO-CRC4

clock source line primary

linecode ami

ds0-group 2 timeslots 1-15,17-31 type r2-digital

this configuration work in my cisco

Did ever figure this one out? I am in a similar situation trying to turn up an E1 R2 in Iraq. I have limited access and limited information to go on. I am also trying to get a tcl script to work and I can't get anything to match. Anything different on how a tcl script on a dial-peer is matched with E1 R2? Anything tricky? A sample E1 R2 config from Iraq would be helpful. Any help you can provide would be great.

Hi,

Most R1 configs are digital, compelled. Then since Iraq doesn't have a predefined "country settings", you have to find out any necessary customization for cas-custom.

You can collect this info from telco in whatever terminology they use, then do a work of "translation" or ask here.

I recommend that you first check with "show controllers E1" that the circuit is up as often that is not the case.

Once the voice port is working there is no problem in associating a TCL to all or certain called numbers.

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

Of course I meant E1 R2 above. R1 is actually North America CAS :)