cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

same caller ID issue

vinh.nguyen
Level 1
Level 1

we have a DS3 terminated to our AS5400. I was wondering if it is possible to do some configuration on it so that the gateway will reject incoming call with the same caller ID with any active call on the GW( this can be done via modifying the caller ID from the outgoing SIP server).

for example if i do 'show isdn active' and there's 11111111. Then if there's another incoming connection with the same #(111111111), the GW should reject that call.

Thanks.

3 Replies 3

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

No, the gateway cannot do this by itself.

Mr. Bevilacqua gave you the right answer but I'm curious.

What do you mean for "Caller ID"? The called number?

What is your goal? Get a busy on busy?

Do you have a limited number of called numbers? (the DS3 circuit suggests "probably no").

I ask you this, because you could create many incoming dial-peers and use the option max-conn set to 1.

This can be done only if you know every possible single called number and if this pool of called is limited to the maximum configurable dial-peer number.

Regards.

I meant the ANI number. We have a dial-peer which accepts all incoming call which in turns will authenticate our gateway via ANI number. We have ran into several scenarios where there are multiple incoming calls with same CallerID simultanesouly.

This can be done via SIP request with spoofed callerID. I think there's a way you can detect this from TCL scripting.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: