cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

2 uc500 tasks? building door locks and door phone?

Jeff Cooper
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Every install seems to present unique requsts from each client.

Client has a uc540.  Currently they have a keyfob door lock system at the front and back doors of the building.  They have a phone/speaker at the front door.  Appears to be avaya - but so not sure.  This is all tied into an antiquated phone system the uc540 will replace.

When a person arrives at the front door, they hit the intercom.  This rings 3 different extensions.  Then the user at the phone can bunch a sequence or hard button on the phone to unlock the front door.

Anyone provided a solution like this for the uc540?  I've seen some remote door locks that operate thru SIP a year or so ago I believe.  I know how to configure a "lobby" phone that when picked up, dials a dedicated extension and immediately goes 2-way intercom.   I imagine there would be something along the same lines where a picked up handset could auto-dial a parallel hunt group?

Thanks

2 Replies 2

johschaf
Level 4
Level 4

Hello,

I would reference this document: https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-9496

That doc discusses a door phone configuration with the UC. This requires CLI to configure the door phone as a SIP endpoint.

Thanks,

-john

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You can re-use the existing doorphone device, connecting it to an FXS port. All the rest is just configuration.