Views
Helpful
Replies

7925g hit or miss on AP541 and UC500

gsiellisito
Level 1
Level 1

Hey guys!

I have a 7925g phone that when I connect it to the UC500 built in AP i can see it in the network topology and the phone works great. The moment I turn off the AP in the UC500 and use my AP541, the phone connects to the voice lan, but does not show up in network topology on teh UC500. Also the phone sometimes will delay when a call comes in. It will ring when it wants to. It's like it's partially recognizing it. The AP541 shows in the UC500 but thats it. Not the phone.

Data portion on the AP works great, I just cant get the phone to be recognized "fully" I just got the AP541 today and set up the lan ip, the data and voice vlan, turned on the wireless radio and did nothing else to the unit.

Where am I going wrong?

6 Replies 6

David Trad
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Ellis,

A couple of things to look at

First make sure your CCA is version 3.2

Second make sure CDP is a feature of the 541 and if so turn it on

Thirdly make sure that if it is showing up in CCA that you right click on th AP541 and add it to site, this is the only way the phone would be seen by CCA.

Also please make sure that the port the AP541 is plugged into is set as switch or router mode.

Other than that not sure what else to check....Sorry

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

Hey David,

Here is where I am at so far (and be aware im sorta new at this):

CCA 3.2>Check!

AP541 showing up on CCA>Check!

CDP on 541>Can't find an enable or disable button. Unless this is done on the CLI prompt.

AP541 connected to UC500 Port> Set to AP mode, should it be set as something else?

Thanks

Ellis

Hi Ellis,

Sounds like you have it right

Just in CCA make sure you right click on the AP and add it to site, then

the phone will show up.

Don't worry about CDP on the 541 its turned on as CCA can see it which is a

good thing.

So now I would like you too elaborate further on your problems, go deep

with the explanation so I fully understand it

Cheers,

David.

On Mar 22, 2012 1:13 AM, "gsiellisito" <

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

If what David says doesn't work...

Turn off Wireless N and make it be a B/G AP only.

I had to do this at a site and after I did - no more problems!

- JP

JP - I get same issue as Ellis (several sites).  AP is already set up as B/G anyone else run into this or have any idea what would cause calls to sometimes fail to ring a 7925.  Calls work fine going through the UC wireless to the 7925

ibondar
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Ellis,

Please, check in QoS Parameters page of AP web GUI if "QOS Presets" option is set to ""Optimized for Voice". Normally it helps to enforce proper data queueing depending on data type and put voice traffic into appropriate queue. For more QoS fine tuning information you may check AP541N Admin Guide, Page 97 -

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/access_point/csbap/AP541N/administration/guide/AP541Nadmin.pdf

Regards,

Ivan

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: