Views
Helpful
Replies

Callconnector advanced client connects to server only randomly

Naum Vitanovski
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I just installed scc server and 20 call connector advanced clients at a customer site. Everything worked on the installation.

Installed all the licenses ok.

I just received the following email from the client:

"A number of staff including myself are experiencing difficulty logging on to the  Cisco Smart Call Connect system each morning.  When we try to log on we get a  message saying network error as the systems goes through the motions of trying  to connect.  After the systems has made 5 attempts to log on a message box pops  up saying unable to connect to server.  We are trying all the usual solutions to  correct the problem ie.  Restart and shut down etc.  This is successful only  sometimes and often we have to try several times.  One of our ladies in the  Accounts Department, Sally Pan has tried 4 or 5 times this morning to log on and  is still unable to connect.  In my case today after the  4th attempt  I was able to connect."

The call connector server is always on and is installed on a win7 32bit 4gb ram system with static ip.

I can not see why would this happen.

How should I proceed troubleshooting this issue?

Another question: The callconnector advanced clients installations are on PCs that get ip address via dhcp. I know I had to input the ip address of the pc when I installed the advanced client. Does this have anything to do with it (i.e. does advanced client need to be installed to a pc with statically assigned ip address, or it does not matter)?

0 Replies 0