cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Calling telco service numbers, like *25# etc.

JohnnyZengers
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

How would I call a telco service number beginning with a *, from a Cisco IP-phone connected to the UC540?

I cannot seem to add numbers with * in the outgoing dial plan in CCA 3.2

Thank in advance!

Johnny

3 Replies 3

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Whatever the CCA doesn't do, you can always do with CLI.

David Trad
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Johnny,

This is a common issue but can be resolved.

Firstly you should open a case with SBCS just in case CLI work needs to be done, this way they can do it and it will be CCA approved, however access codes can be also created using translation rules/profiles along with Dial-Peers, and this may be doable in CCA.

Again this is what SBCS is for and since the service is paid for, you should ring them and get them to help you out with this, choose configuration assistance when you call into the support center so it goes to the right place.

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

Thanks. I'll contact the SBCS when I am at the customer next time.

Eventually it is my goal to do much more CLI in the future, but it is too different from routing/switching so in the mean time I will call SBCS for these issues and continue reading the CCNA Voice Official Certification guide