cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can't 1 touch transfer to extensions beginning with *

comtelconnect
Level 1
Level 1

We have the 500S expansion cards and can't transfer to any extension beginning with *.

So if we want to 1 touch transfer to a parking lot at *3103 we have to press bxfer and then the blf key..

Wouldn't it be simpler to just enable this function to allow us to 1 touch transfer to extensions beginning with *?

This also keeps us from 1 touch transfering directly to someones voicemail, queues, and other feature codes.

This is affecting Asterisk and Freeswitch.

9 Replies 9

comtelconnect
Level 1
Level 1

If you try to 1 touch transfer to an extension beginning with * the phone creates a seperate call.

So this is confusing to customers because they CAN 1 touch transfer to SOME things but not everything. I hope this helps.

BTW this affects all SPA phones.

Hello Joseph,

If you do a packet capture, you should see an INVITE instead of REFER.
This would be considered unsupported as the phone is working as intended.
I do not believe it will change.

Speed dials with '*' code dial number, you cannot do blind-xfer because
marketing wanted this special handling for a particular customer a long time ago.
Since 1 touch blind-xfer is disabled for '*' code dial number, the active
call is put on hold before dialing *code.

-Tom

-Tom Please mark answered for helpful posts http://blogs.cisco.com/smallbusiness/

For 1 customer??

What about for millions of customers that use asterisk and freeswitch?

I don't know why you guys haven't received more feedback on this topic.. I would have thought this is something that would make life easier for people and I can't understand why someone would want to NOT be able to 1 touch transfer to *.

They must have paid alot of money to get this feature turned around because it doesn't seem like a normal bug/feature request.

It's almost like saying, "Hey can you make it so that when I hit the blf for extensions over 4 digits in length, put the active call on hold before dialing the extension."

Is this something that cisco will move on ever?

Hi,

I've forwarded this thread to the Product Marketing person and Engineering to see if there's something that can be done or fixed. I think the liaison person for this forum is out this week but hopefully he will respond when he comes back. I will let you know if I hear anything back before he returns.

thanks,

Kerry

Thanks very much. This would make my life and the life of our customers so much easier.

It is worth paying cisco for this for sure because it would save alot of support calls

Any news on this?

Hi, this will be addressed in a future firmware release.  Thank you.

Perfect. So possibly the next firmware release or sometime next year?

Just trying to get a timeline for current customers. Thanks.

Likely 1st qtr of next year.  Thanks.