Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

every second outbound call on UC 520 fxo lines fail

Hello. I have a UC 520 with fxo analog lines. Inbound calls never fail but every second outbound call on UC 520 fxo lines fails. It gives a fast busy signal. I tried lowering the call release timeout with no sucess. Any thoughts on this?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Matt,

It would seem that your FXO ports are not clearing down imediatly, I see in the images posted that the release timer and the clearing timers are set way to high, can I propose you lower them down to 3 instead of 10 respectively..

So please look at doing the following (Based on Image #2):

• Go to FXO Port edit
  • Click on Timers
  • Modify wait release to 3, possibly 2 but your best results will be 3
  • Call Disconnect set to 3 and again you can try 2 but no lower as it can have a reverse effect of locking the port up, but 3 is pretty good
  • Change the supervisory disconnect to 300ms instead of 350, might not sound like much but that slight reduction can also assist

This is the best place to start, I have no doubt that your lines are not clearing down quickly enough, and I must also point out that this is an inherent problem with analogue lines, in some countries I have noticed that the clear down procedure can take up to 5 seconds and on worst case scenarios can take up too 10 seconds. Here in Australia we also have exchange based timers that can work up to 52 seconds before a line is cleared (But this normally meant for residential customers only, not business lines).

Your TAPS look fine so I do not see that you need to change anything there

Please let us know how this goes, if this does not improve the situation then I would really love some form of remote access to look at this situation, it is familiar territory for me so I have a keen interest in seeing this issue resolved.

(PS) Have you logged a support case for this yet, or were you just waiting to see if the assistance on here would sort the problem out?

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

ciscojoesauer
Level 1
Level 1

How many FXO lines do you have on the UC?

How is the hunt scheme set up on your Outbound Dialing Plan?

1. CCA
2. see jpgs

3. it is a system wide problem where the second call does not go out.
4. sofware pack 8.1.0
5. I am using a SPA508g - how do I determine this?

David Trad
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Matt,

Just to ask a couple more questions on top of what Joseph has asked

1. Is this a CLI built system or CCA built and managed?
  2. Can you show us the trunk group configuration
  3. Is the failed called happening when you hang up and imediatly make another call or is this a system wide problem?
  4. What Software pack are you using on the system?
  5. What is the Phone load version?

I think these are the right questions to ask that would pertain to a problem like this happening.

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

I responded to your post one thread up. Also, there is only one line presesently on my UC.

Matt,

I believe the fast busy is telling you that the UC is trying to use an FXO port that is "up" but does not have dail tone on it.

Make sure that you only have the one FXO port active (I.E. make sure all the other FXO ports are "down").

Thank you. This was the perfect solution.

Hi Matt,

It would seem that your FXO ports are not clearing down imediatly, I see in the images posted that the release timer and the clearing timers are set way to high, can I propose you lower them down to 3 instead of 10 respectively..

So please look at doing the following (Based on Image #2):

• Go to FXO Port edit
  • Click on Timers
  • Modify wait release to 3, possibly 2 but your best results will be 3
  • Call Disconnect set to 3 and again you can try 2 but no lower as it can have a reverse effect of locking the port up, but 3 is pretty good
  • Change the supervisory disconnect to 300ms instead of 350, might not sound like much but that slight reduction can also assist

This is the best place to start, I have no doubt that your lines are not clearing down quickly enough, and I must also point out that this is an inherent problem with analogue lines, in some countries I have noticed that the clear down procedure can take up to 5 seconds and on worst case scenarios can take up too 10 seconds. Here in Australia we also have exchange based timers that can work up to 52 seconds before a line is cleared (But this normally meant for residential customers only, not business lines).

Your TAPS look fine so I do not see that you need to change anything there

Please let us know how this goes, if this does not improve the situation then I would really love some form of remote access to look at this situation, it is familiar territory for me so I have a keen interest in seeing this issue resolved.

(PS) Have you logged a support case for this yet, or were you just waiting to see if the assistance on here would sort the problem out?

Cheers,

David.

Thank you very much for your recomendations. They make quite a lot of sense. I will test this and respond to the post once I have results.