cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to enable/disable extensions from external code on UC560 ?

Javier Conejo
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everybody,

We have a UC560 in a hotel environment and we would like to be able to authorize or deauthorize external calls whenever the guest checks out.

And do this automatically with customized software. How do we do this, commands ?? and is there an XML type interface, or other ?

Best regards and thanks,

JC

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Paolo,

Wasn't sure wether you had done one or not, figured you would answer it anyway

I have done one hospitality roll out using a UC-560, it was the first and I can assure you will be the very last one and will never use the UC for that again, unless Cisco bring out a Hospitality IOS revision or Software Pack for that specific type of operation.

However we installed Office Manager on all the system and spent weeks training the staff on how to turn the phones off and only allow them to do internal calling, and or choose what types of outbound calling they would allow.

I can assure you that the Hospitality software vendor was not very happy with this deployment and lobbied from day one that the Cisco System not be deployed, he knew what was going to happen, so did I, but since I worked for an organization I had to follow instructions, and trying to get the UC to do things it was not meant to do is a stupid idea and one I will never entertain again.

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

David Trad
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Javier,

I would highly recommend you look up Paolo, he is one of the resident helpers on these forums and has some good scripts and a web site outlining the ones he has I believe.

I'm going to assume that you are aware that a UC-500 was not designed for hospitality, and that to get it to work even close enough to a system that is designed for that type of environment, will take you out of SBSC scope

Just thought I would throe that out there

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

Thank you David for recommending my work.

However at this time I do not have developed for Hospitality (that comes with huge set or requirements), beside a simple Alarm call script.

Maybe the CCA or Office Manager has some easy way to apply COR / LPCOR for phones.

Hi Paolo,

Wasn't sure wether you had done one or not, figured you would answer it anyway

I have done one hospitality roll out using a UC-560, it was the first and I can assure you will be the very last one and will never use the UC for that again, unless Cisco bring out a Hospitality IOS revision or Software Pack for that specific type of operation.

However we installed Office Manager on all the system and spent weeks training the staff on how to turn the phones off and only allow them to do internal calling, and or choose what types of outbound calling they would allow.

I can assure you that the Hospitality software vendor was not very happy with this deployment and lobbied from day one that the Cisco System not be deployed, he knew what was going to happen, so did I, but since I worked for an organization I had to follow instructions, and trying to get the UC to do things it was not meant to do is a stupid idea and one I will never entertain again.

Cheers,

David.