Level 1
Level 1

How would you sell against a Panasonic KXTDA50

3 Replies 3

johschaf
Level 4
Level 4

Hello Brook,

Unfortunately, I'm not able to directly answer your question since I've never worked with the Panasonic PBXs. We do have some documentation for partners detailing competivitve reviews vs Nortel, Avaya, and ShoreTel. If you can provide me any particular features your customer is interested in using I can tell you what options are available on the UC500 platform. Your Channel Account Manager or the Cisco Partner Help Line(800 553 NETS), might be able to provide you some answers.

Here is the link to the UC 500 Partner Documentation: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/products/ps7293/products_partner_resources_list.html

Hope this helps you somewhat.

Thanks,

-john

http://www.panasonic.com/consumer_electronics/communication_systems/pdf/kx-tda50_spec_sheet.pdf

Im thinking of highlighting the following Panasonic "features" for the client;

monochrome dispaly

No wideband speaker

No USB jack

No bluetooth

No ethernet support (add-on pbx card)

Can you see any other major differneces.

Hello Brook,

Regarding the features you listed, I would point out that they require a SPA525G2 phone, other SPA phones won't support those features.

How many users and sites does your customer have? The Panasonic looks like it can only support around 50 users.

It looks like the Panasonic only supports analog FXO lines, where the UC can support FXO, SIP, and PRI trunks.

The Panasonic system doesn't have a voicemail to email feature.

The Panasonic system only has basic call forwarding. It can't foward to a cell phone and if the person doesn't answer pull the call back to the system voicemail, which the UC can.

The UC can be managed natively over the network without any additional cards. I would also assume that the Cisco Configuration Assistance interface is easy for an end user to use than the Panasonic system.

The wireless function of the Panasonic seems to be limited to supporting just phones. The UC can support both voice and data over wireless and can use the clients existing wireless network infrastucture to provide this functionality(The customer would need access points that support VLANs).

The Panasonic has basic conferencing features. With the UC you can establish more advanced conferences that callers can call directly into rather than be manually conferenced in by a user.

Please let me know what additional questions you have regarding this.

Thanks,

-john