cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

International dialing with the UC320W

drstokes76
Level 1
Level 1

I have just started working on a new UC320W and am struggling to see how to enable international dialing.

I have the 9 prefix set for outside line but can only dial US numbers.  The units region has been set to US as it will be installed in our US office once configured.  How can I allow calling to outside the US?  I must be missing something as it can't be restricted to calling people in the same region surely.

Thanks

Darren

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Alberto Montilla
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Darren;

Thanks for your post. Please let me know the FW version used.

As a matter of fact, after you press 9, you should be able to dial internationally starting with the international code 011.

Regards
Alberto

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Alberto Montilla
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Darren;

Thanks for your post. Please let me know the FW version used.

As a matter of fact, after you press 9, you should be able to dial internationally starting with the international code 011.

Regards
Alberto

Hi Alberto

The FW version is 2.1.1

Not being from the US didn't realise that I needed to use 011, I'll give that a try.

Ummm, wait a second... If you are not on the US, then you will likely not be able to dial out on PSTN. You need to set the region settings to the country you are at, as dial plan is customized for that purpose. However if your intention is to send it over to US, then set the unit to USA region. You will be able to dial out (using 011) if you use a US SIP trunk but not over PSTN.

Regards
Alberto

Hi Alberto, I'm not using PSTN so this isn't a problem.

I'm having trouble making any calls from the UC320 which aren't internal, keep getting Forbidden on the phone display.  I'm not sure if thats coming from the UC320 or from Bandwidth.com the logs don't really tell me much.

I know that this isn't really part of this thread so probably need to close the discussion.

Thanks for your help anyway.

Darren

Hi Darren;

For your 403 issue (Forbidden), please open a case with the SBSC. They will take a look at the traces to check for reasons. Currently Bandwidth.com is not a validated SP, so the support team needs to look at the traces to see for the potential issue. This may have to do with IDs.

Regards
Alberto