Views
Helpful
Replies

IVR license for CUE on UC500

dwtcp
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

i was wondering, is there a restriction to get a 2 port ivr license     for a cue that is in a UC540?

I guess not since it is a normal CUE module attached to an IOS based device.

5 Replies 5

Steven DiStefano
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The CUE in the UC540 can accomodate 6 simultaneous connections to AA or Voicemail.  The UC560 CUE can do 12.  Not sure what your requirement is but hope that helps.

Arturo Bianchi
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I was asking the same question!!! I verified that the license does not exist:

cue# show license status application ivr

ivr disabled, no unexpired installed ivr session license available

I have no idea if the hardware supports IVR, it is certainly something that goes beyond support for small business and CCA but I think it's interesting to know if we can enable it to build some advanced scripting; in fact I would not try to generate an evaluation license (*) because it is too soon but in the meantime some UC Engineers can give an answer! We can? :-)

(*) mmmm, I am not sure... the show command fail (could also be an issue of version!?):

cue# show license evalutation

show license evalutation
             ^
% Invalid input detected at '^' marker.
cue#

Arturo

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

THE CUE on UC500 does not supports advanced IVR scripts. You need an ISR router for that.

However, it supports regular AA scripts.

The difference is explained in the CUE documentation.

Paolo Bevilacqua ha scritto:

The difference is explained in the CUE documentation.

Hi Paolo,

As often happens to me, I find it difficult to find the right documents...I did not find traces of specific references to the CUE installed in UC500 series; the only negative reference is related to the 1861 router... I read in various release notes:

Note The Cisco 1861 platform with the ISE-CUE module installed does not support IVR.

...obviously, the UC540 has a similar HW!? On show hardware I read "Module Type: Integrated-Service-Engine", it is equal to ISE?

Not satisfied at the end I also tried the command to activate the license:

cue# license activate ivr sessions 2

License activation is not supported on this platform

Too bad ... I was thinking of a modified AA to screen/forward calls with an external web server/db with admin panel.

Arturo.

Not on the UC500, sorry. However that kind of things can be done with TCL/IVR, that requires no licenses.