cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Multi-site - endpoint appearance on remote phones

eoncablewire
Level 3
Level 3

I have a multi-site I am working on and we need a line appearance for the phones at the remote location at the owners desk.

The owner has a 7965 phone and two 7916 and we want to put the 6 phones at the remote site on buttons on teh 7916 so they can see who is on the phone and call them with a single push of the button.

Is this possible?

How would you do in?

Thanks

Johnny

5 Replies 5

Darren DeCroock
Level 4
Level 4

Hello Johnny,

Unfortanately, you cannot montor extenstions at remote sites.  This is documented in the "multi-site deployment guide" on page 7.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-9652

Monitor extensions between sites           No

Thank you,

Darren

Thanks for the reply. As this doc was based on CCA 1.8 and almost 3 yrs old I thought maybe things may have changed since then. I had not seen this before but most of it is out-dated for version 3.2.

I suppose I will find out soon.

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You can monitor remote extensions at remote sites using BLF presence service.

Check:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/admin/configuration/guide/cmepres.html#wp1014741

I believe this can only be configured with CLI.

Hello Johnny,

FYI:  BLF presence service:

Restrictions for Presence Service

Presence features such as Busy Lamp Field (BLF) notification are supported for SIP trunks only; these features are not supported on H.323 trunks.

Presence requires that SIP phones are configured with a directory number (using dn keyword in number command); direct line numbers are not supported.

Also, I want to clarify one thing.  Are the remote phones registering to this UC500, or is there a UC500 located at the remote site?  If the phones are registering back to the same UC500, then a "monitor" button can be configured on the local phone to monitor line status, and can also be used as a "speed dial".  If the remote phones are registering to a seperate UC500, then you will not be allowed to monitor the line status.

Thank you,

Darren

".  If the remote phones are registering to a seperate UC500, then you will not be allowed to monitor the line status.

Thank you,

Darren

You will, using the configuration explained in the link I have posted above.