cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

no shutdown of voice-port

Luis Giraldo
Level 1
Level 1

In a situation where I started making a call, and then hung up while the call was going out the FXO port, I had that FXO port get "stuck" with the LED on, and I couldn't make calls from that line, nor could that line accept incoming calls.

In fact, Auto Attendant doesn't even play anymore when this line rings.

If I call my other line, everything works as expected.

On previous occasions when this has happened, I would reload the UC520, then it would work fine again.

Since, I found that I can do the following:

uc520#conf t

uc520(config)#voice-port 0/1/0

uc520(config-voiceport)#shutdown

uc520(config-voiceport)#no shutdown

The problem is, after the voice-port comes back, UC520 will try use the line to try and make a call, but nothing ever happens, and the line simply goes dead and UC520 hangs up after 40 seconds.

Is there a better way to get an FXO port "unstuck", or reset it?

Thanks,

Luis

17 Replies 17

CSCsw87778: FXS Port fails to use allocated DSP

Looks like this is a bug, but it isn't resolved yet.  If you have this issue, please open up a case and reference the fact that you might be hitting this bug.  This will allow TAC to help the developer get the debugs he is looking for.

David Trad
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi All,

I know this is not a solution for many of you, but what i have begun to do is set clients up with a SIP services or GSM gateways for any of the call bridging, i now know that here in Australia bridging two PSTN lines together (Bonding two call legs) will always result in hung ports, or bad tare downs (Call Clearing).

As a result what i have found is that more and more clients are now requesting that they have the SIP service turned on as a permanent outbound service, what i had implemented as a solution to a problem, has ended up solving other issues like larger monthly/quart bills from their line provider.

But as i said this is not for everyone and some of you might have issues setting up SIP services on their UC's, but hey if you can do it i am promising you that it is a viable solution, and you can program the system up so that only Call forwards and After hours use it if you are worries about call quality or anything else.

If you are in Australia, i would encourage you stop looking into the problem, it is a known fact that does not just effect Cisco, so far i have tested this on an Alcatel, Nortel, Mitel and Avaya system and they all have the same issue, although i must say the Mitel system handled this problem a lot better when the outbound lef was to a mobile, but the issue never went away.

I hope you all find a solution for this problem, trust me i know how much of a headache it can be to you with your clients, and also how much of a sour taste it can leave in your mouth when it raises its ugly head, but you should know that Cisco, whilst in my opinion the the best of breed phone systems out there, they are not immune to carrier issues, the PSTN network is a dodgy setup at best, your only options to get past this problem is either ISDN or SIP or GSM gateways, no system can escape this problem unless it is a really...really...really old Key system that have line level work around's.

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

Luis Giraldo
Level 1
Level 1

I haven't had the issue happen to me again - BUT, I had noticed the port would hang when I had started a call and immediately hung up. I've been very cautious to not do that, and the problem has not happened again for me.

Regards,

Luis