cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Paging Over FXO

jcarter
Level 4
Level 4

Does anyone know how to connect a paging system to a FXO port on a UC540?  Configuration?  I know there is something to do with dial peers but I don't know what.

6 Replies 6

Glenn Quesenberry
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Jason, more details on this have already been posted to the Support Community here. Check that link and see if it helps to answer your questions and/or point you in the right direction.

I saw that but it does not really say how to configure it.  It says "If FXO, you use a dial-peer as if you were dialing between sites."  What exactly does that mean?  I was kind of looking for examples of code or a way to configure it in CCA.

Jason, here is part of the config we used when having the CME dial to an ATA that in turn went out over the company paging system.

dial-peer voice 14 voip
description ** paging to ATA **
shutdown
destination-pattern 4271
session target ipv4:10.1.0.100
incoming called-number 4271
!
dial-peer voice 15 voip
description ** paging to ATA **
shutdown
destination-pattern 4272
session target ipv4:10.1.0.100
incoming called-number 4272

And:

ephone  59
device-security-mode none
mac-address 00XX.90XX.491X

after-hours exempt
max-calls-per-button 2
paging-dn 51 unicast
type ata
auto-line 1
button  1:190

I'm struggling with this myself.

We have a UC540 connected to a Valcom 2001a via an FXO port.

I'm lost as to how to get the UC540 to simply lift the hook on that FXO port and route our audio to it.

I know this should be simple, and I did find a document, but it was not for the CCA.  Any help would be appreciated greately...

Hello,

There is a few ways you can do this in CCA. First, create an outbound dial rule that has a number you want to use for the paging device. Then configure a new FXO trunk, with just the FXO paging port as a member, and configure the FXO trunk you just created to be used with only the outbound dial rule. The other option, is to convert the FXO into a CO line, put the CO line on the phones, and have the user's press the CO line button to seize the FXO line.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

-john

Thanks John for that input....   We're going to give it a shot and see if that fixes it.  Hopefully tomorrow or the next day we can be back on location at the client's site....

Will let you know!