Views
Helpful
Replies

"Auth Fail" 7975G IP Phone firmware upgrade after UC520 8.0.0

brian.russell31
Level 3
Level 3

Hi Guys,

When cisco IP phones boots i get presented with the cisco splash screen as if it is trying to upgrade the firmware then I get Auth Fail....

This is after I upgraded to UC520 8.0.0 ......

Can someone please help as the Cisco engineer told me to put a TAC case in..... If I do this, it means everypart of my Cisco Infra has been replaced in the last week.....

I have copied the latest firmware files to my flash card but the phone still display Auth Fail.....

38 Replies 38

Another thing,

I have quite a few phones that I have operating off site though my sonicwall VPN network.   The phones are able to register and recieve a DHCP from 10.1.1.1 as I was able to connect VLAN 100 10.1.1.0 subnet though the VPN and place and recieve calls.  The issue is that my remote phones show NO HOST FOUND when you hit the serivces button on the phone and they don;t have access to background images, VoiceView Express, Extention Mobility Ect..  I presume this is becouse the services URL is on the 10.1.10.0 subnetwork.   I can;t find any documentation on what VLAN that subnet is on, what the gatweway addressd to that subnet is ect.   I need to build in the routing rules on my sonicwall VPN network to handle this but I am once again stumped by Cisco

Suggestions?

:)

I am a little confused on how your sonic wall is giving them 10.1.1.0 address, but that is ok.

For the subnets you need to access the UC500 over a VPN...

10.1.1.0/24

192.168.10.1/24 (or whatever the data subnet is)

10.1.10.0/30 for the CUE subnet

Let me know how that works for you.

My sonicwall is not doing any DHCP!   I have a Sub Interface V100 on my NSA3500 connected to the expantion port onthe UC520.  My PTP VPN tunnels are running DHCP over VPN,  with the central gateway DHCP server defined as 10.1.1.1 on the 10.1.1.0 subnet V100.

So the phones do connect, get an address from the UC520 and work remarkably well.   I had to go this route becouse the UC520 caps out at 10 VPNS.   I will add a static route for 10.1.10.0/30. 

Do I need to have the Data Subnet If I am just connecting the phones?  is the 10.1.10.0 on VLAN 100?

You might.  If you have anyone who is going to use IP Communicator, they will be on the data subnet.  I have seen some people bind the tftp server to the data vlan ip address as well.  There could be a few other items as well, but that is what I can think of off hand.

On this SIP issue,  I don;t know enough to be of any help.   I know three things.

1) With the default config nexvortex says that they are getting a 500 Internal server error returned.

2)After I did these series of commands they were not

conf t
voice source-group CCA_SIP_SOURCE_GROUP
no access-list 2
translation-profile incoming SIP_Incoming
exit

3) they do only have one gatewy/proxy/domain IP address they give out.  66.23.129.253.    I am happy to give you my auth username/password for them if you want to test it for your self.   email me  dharig@fitnessonrequest.com

Status: Connection established, waiting for welcome message...

Response: 220 Welcome to the most popular FTP hosting service! Save on hardware, software, hosting and admin. Share files/folders with read-write permission. Visit http://www.drivehq.com/ftp/;

Command: USER dharig

Response: 331 User name ok, need password.

Command: PASS ********

Response: 230 User logged on. Free service has restrictions and is slower.

Command: SYST

Response: 215 UNIX emulated by DriveHQ FTP Server.

Command: FEAT

Response: 211-Extensions supported:

Response: SIZE

Response: MLSD

Response: MLST

Response: NLST

Response: MDTM

Response: MFMT

Response: MFCT

Response: MFF Create;Modify;

Response: REST STREAM

Response: UTF8

Response: 211 END

Command: OPTS UTF8 ON

Response: 200 Enable UTF8 mode.

Command: CWD /

Response: 250 CWD command successful. "/" is current directory.

Command: PWD

Response: 257 "/" is current directory.

Command: TYPE I

Response: 200 Type set to I

Command: PASV

Response: 227 Entering Passive Mode (66,220,9,50,17,33).

Command: MLSD

Response: 150 Connection accepted

Response: 226 Transfer complete

Command: MKD UC520

Error: Connection timed out

Response: 220 Welcome to the most popular FTP hosting service! Save on hardware, software, hosting and admin. Share files/folders with read-write permission. Visit http://www.drivehq.com/ftp/;

Error: Connection timed out

Error: Could not connect to server

Response: 530 not logged on, free users or subusers can have 2 connections only. Please upgrade to premium service on www.drivehq.com. Price starts at $2.99/month.

Status: Connection attempt failed with "ECONNREFUSED - Connection refused by server".

Status: Delaying connection for 5 seconds due to previously failed connection attempt...

Status: Delaying connection for 1 second due to previously failed connection attempt...

Response: 200 Enable UTF8 mode.

Status: Starting upload of \\PIPS-HOMESERVER\Software\Cisco UC520 Software\UC520-7.1.3-ea.zip

Command: CWD /Cisco IOS Images

Response: 250 CWD command successful. "/Cisco IOS Images" is current directory.

Command: PWD

Response: 257 "/Cisco IOS Images" is current directory.

Command: TYPE I

Response: 200 Type set to I

Response: 227 Entering Passive Mode (66,220,9,50,25,9).

Command: MLSD

Response: 530 not logged on, free users or subusers can have 2 connections only. Please upgrade to premium service on www.drivehq.com. Price starts at $2.99/month.

Status: Delaying connection for 5 seconds due to previously failed connection attempt...

Response: 226 Transfer complete

Response: 227 Entering Passive Mode (66,220,9,50,22,21).

Command: STOR UC520-7.1.3-ea.zip

Status: Delaying connection for 1 second due to previously failed connection attempt...

The FTP seems to be failing... I am trying to upload the pack for you....

We can ask maulik about that specific SIP Trunk SP, but remember its not the Gateways we are concerned about here.  Its the SIP Proxy Servers or Session Border Controllers that handle the SIP Messages (not the RTP media).  Does this SP not have a more limited number of Proxies or SBCs?

Just want to make sure we are talking about the same thing here.

Ok, there is a bug we have found with netvortex on our system.  When they have multiple via headers, the source group commands don't work correctly.

CSCtc86432

It will be fixed in the 8.0.1 release.  I would also try to find out more information from NetVortex on the issue of constantly changing IP's and too many to list.  That doesn't sound right.

I think you may have misunderstood what you were told by nexVortex tech support.  There is a very limited number of IPs at nexVortex that send SIP signaling (the IPs that need to be restricted to prevent toll fraud).  There is a much larger group of IPs for RTP transmission that cannot be provided, but since these do not arrive on port 5060 and do not control call signaling, are not a problem for toll fraud.  Hope that helps.