cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

remote office

7bridgesol
Level 1
Level 1

I have a client with a UC520, would like to have a small site with 3 phones to share phone system.

Currently they have a point-to-point between the two sites.  I set the main ste up already for 4 digits.

Can someone please point me in the right direction for a paper on connecting a remote site.

thanks

27 Replies 27

Do not assign the phone a static IP in that range.  It will not work over your VPN.  Let it get the address via DHCP and leave the alternate TFTP configured.  That should do it.

One final note, did you change the admin vlan at all?  You should not change this.

Here is the documentation on adding the TFTP server option to Windows Server DHCP scope.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_tech_note09186a00800942f4.shtml

I did not toch anything with admin vlan.  There is no VPN, it is a straight connection to the other office.  I can from a PC at the remote site, ping both data and voice networks.

Again, if I change the tftp to alternate and add the tftp server in the phone I get dhcp timeout.

If I change the ip address statically on the phone I get no ctl installed.

I think someone just posted about tftp in windows server.  Do I need their computer comapny to enter that in there server as well?

You can use this if a windows server is providing DHCP for that subnet.  Then you would get the option 150 from the server.

Also, changing the tftp to be manually set should not effect DHCP.  Are you sure you received DHCP timeout when you manually set the IP address?  Could you have received TFTP Timeout?

If you have network setup ok, and no firewalls, you should have no problem with a UC500 ---------------- Router --------------- Phone topology.

Since ping is working, I assume that the UC500 has routes to the far end network.  From the UC500, can you ping the phone?

Marcos is correct, press **#, you will see the lock icon open, and then you will get more options.  You can do this when you are at the Network Settings Screen before you go into other options.

nicolaagnelli
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all, i've the same problem with a remote ip phone (7970) my two lans are connected with a VPN and all it's ok, i can ping hosts each other.

The IP Phone has a static IP of remote network and as tftp server 1 the IP that the UC has on WAN Interface. The remote phone cannot register to the uc ..

What i need to change ? Than you so much for help

Nicola

Wouldn't you want to point your phone to the remote LAN IP? That is what is reachable in a Site to Site VPN.

Marcos

sorry, but i don't understand .. my phone already point to a remote LAN ip address .. the UC has on its WAN an IP from the main LAN

and the phone is configured with tftp and router the ip on the wan of UC..

I attack a simple network layout of my net..

Thank you so much for help

The phone needs to tftp from 10.1.1.1, the IP for VLAN 100, not the WAN IP on the UC500

ok, so i need to change my vpn ? now my vpn is between the two lans 192.168.1.0/24 <-> 192.168.2.0/24 not with the vlan 100..

Thank you so much

Just make sure that you can reach the 10.1.1.0 subnet through your vpn.  Then make sure that the phone is using 10.1.1.1 as its tftp server.

You will also want the 10.1.10.0 subnet through the VPN so that VM can be accessed.