cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Single Number Reach in Reverse

jcarter
Level 4
Level 4

Say a UC500 was setup with SNR.  A call comes into a cell phone from SNR that is missed.  Is there any way to automatically return that call so it goes out through the UC500?

8 Replies 8

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

If the call is answered on the cell phone, you can hang up the call and then resume the call on your desk phone. Is that what you're trying to accomplish?

Brandon

No.  You get a call on the system on your cell phone that is missed.  On your cell phone, you have the number in the missed calls section.  I know you could set up the UC500 with a DID that you could dial into, input a code, then dial the missed number to make it look like you are dialing from within the office.  I was wondering if there was anything more automated. Maybe an iPhone app or something.

The method you mentioned is the only DISA app built into the system. We have similar needs at our office and we use an Exchange server to access contacts via voice recognition and the system will automatically dial out based on what you tell it to call. You still need to call a DID and authenticate over the phone though, so still not very automated.

I did receive word recently that the Blackberry MVS solution now supports CME. I haven't personally tested, but I have seen the demo's of MVS and it definitely offers the functionality you are looking for. You just need a BES server, an MVS server, and all Blackberry devices.

Cole

Thank you both for that information.

Cole, do you know what that dialing out functionality using an authorization code is called?  I thought I had the instructions bookmarked but I do not.

Forget that question.  I see it is called DISA.

For DISA, is there any way to using the incoming caller-id instead of the authorization code?  If you had 5 users you want to set this up for, you would create a dial peer for each one that has their caller-id instead using auth code.

The only other way I'm aware of would be with a SIP/SCCP client on your phone. This would make your mobile phone an extension on the UC500. If you search for "uc500 mobile sip client" you'll see several examples. Probably not a great solution for a production environment, but may work on a limited basis.

Brandon