cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SIP Registration Fails

mkashif78
Level 1
Level 1
I have been using linksys PAP2 Device from last 4 years and I am really satisfied with its performance, but when I ordered SPA8000 for connecting 8 SIP Clients my life became miserable.

I am using SPA 8000 as 8 SIP Clients directly connected to Asterisk Server over LAN.  I am not using it for internet or behind NAT router.  When I first register sip client with Asterisk it works fine but after one or two hours some (not all) starts to fail registration and counter shows it will re-register after 1500 seconds or some times 765 sec. If I restart the device it again works fine with no time and without any error.

It has become headache to restart the device time to time.  The Linksys PAP2 device is working on same network and same asterisk server but this problem never occurred on it.

I tried to google the problem and every one says it has re registration problem but there was no solution please help me to resolve this issue.
3 Replies 3

nimusell
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Kashif,

Thank you for participating in the Small Business support community. My name is Nico Muselle from Cisco Sofia SBSC.

Could you try setting the Register Expires setting under L1, L2 ... etc to 600 or less ? Default the setting is 3600. This will make the phones re-register every 10 minutes which could solve your problem.

Please let me know.

Best regards,

Nico Muselle

Sr. Network Engineer - CCNA

Thanks for your reply,

I have already tried it but it did not help.

This problem usually happens when number of incoming calls increases.  It shows the Registration State: "Fail".  Why it fails if first it is registered successuful.

I want to share my sip.conf

[general]
port = 5060
bindaddr = 0.0.0.0
context = ext-agents
maxexpirey=120
defaultexpirey=120
disallow=all
allow=ulaw
allow=alaw
allow=gsm
nat=yes
localnet=192.168.2.0/255.255.255.0

[001]
type=friend
username=001
secret=001
host=dynamic
context=ext-agents
canreinvite=no
disallow=all
allow=ulaw
;auth=md5
call-limit=1
callerid=001
qualify=3000

I also want to share error at asterisk CLI:

Unable to create channel of type 'SIP' (cause 20 - Unknown)

dial_exec_full: Unable to create channel of type 'SIP' (cause 20 - Unknown)

Thanks,

Kashif Haroon

Hi Kashif,

Did you try to reduce the Register Expires on ATA to 120?

I did face it with CME to Asterisk and solved the problem.

Thanks,

Regards.

Andrey Cassemiro.