Views
Helpful
Replies

SPA-122 Issues - Freezes after several days related to high fax volume

p_georgii
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

we have deployed several SPA-122 FAX ATAs for our customers and all of them encounter the same experience.

After running stable for several days, usually 3-10 work days depending on the volume of processed faxes, the SPA-122 will freeze and will not respond to any action at all. We have to hard reset them. Since there is no possibility to access the ATA while it is in a frozen state, we do not have any useful information from the log files.

The ATAs are all running the latest firmware 1.3.1(003).

Are there any known performance issues with the latest FW for SPA-122?

Thank you for any feedback in advance.

Regards,

Philipp

2 Replies 2

cybersaga
Level 1
Level 1

From what I've read, it's a common thing. So common that someone made a command-line tool to reboot the device: http://www.freymond.ca/SPA112/

The site says it's for the SPA112, but the 112 and the 122 use the same firmware.

I've scheduled a task to reboot my ATA every night to avoid the lockup every few days.

Dan Lukes
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
Since there is no possibility to access the ATA while it is in a frozen state, we do not have any useful information from the log files.

Most important logs are not stored locally but they are sent to external syslog server. So frozen device is no issue.