Views
Helpful
Replies

SPA phones are not registering

khurram1987
Level 1
Level 1

hi people

i have UC 540 and i ahve one SPA504G and SPA 525G phones, when i turn on phone it gives message on screen "Downloading XML efault.cnf files" and it stays in this order until i reboot the phone and on 525G its getting main screen but not registering , just a clean front screen showing.

also same phones are registering on my other UC 540 device

kindly help me out

i have CME 8.6 installed

thanks in advance

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Hello Khurram,

It looks to me like a hardware failure, so I suggest you to get in contact with the Small Business Support Center to confirm;

https://www.cisco.com/en/US/support/tsd_cisco_small_business_support_center_contacts.html

Please let me know if there is anything I may assist you with in the meantime.

Thanks again,

Jeffrey Rodriguez S. .:|:.:|:.
Cisco Customer Support Engineer

*Please rate the Post so other will know when an answer has been found.

Jeffrey Rodriguez S. .:|:.:|:. Cisco Customer Support Engineer *Please rate the Post so other will know when an answer has been found.

View solution in original post

Hello Khurram,

Jeffrey makes a valid point, either you have faulty handsets or their operating system has become corrupt.

You can either try and reset the units back to factory defaults and then plug them back into the phone system (Best to do this off a power pack with the SPA phones) and then have the phones attempt to reinitialize themselves again.

Or you can just contact SBSC and have them guide you over the phone, and if the issue still remains they can assist you with the RMA process over the phone.

Cheers,

David Trad.

**When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon **

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You need to configure the UC500 correctly for the phones to register.

jeffrrod
Level 4
Level 4

Dear khurram,

Thank you for reaching Cisco Small Business Support Community.

Below you can find a document with a configuration guide to register the IP phones and generate the CNF file on the UC540 device;

http://sbkb.cisco.com/CiscoSB/Loginr.aspx?login=1&pid=2&app=search&vw=1&articleid=3256

Please let me know if there is any further assistance I may help you with.

Kind regards,

Jeffrey Rodriguez S. .:|:.:|:. Cisco Customer Support Engineer *Please rate the Post so other will know when an answer has been found.

Thanks paolo if i am not configuring the phones correctly than why i am having problems with two phones only? other are registered here..

Thanks jaffret for ur kind response.

i have exactly doing the same configuration as in document but my one phone SPA 504G is getting different errors, sometime it stuck on Initializing network and sometimes on "downloading mac.cnf.xml" it remains in this state.

Hello Khurram,

It looks to me like a hardware failure, so I suggest you to get in contact with the Small Business Support Center to confirm;

https://www.cisco.com/en/US/support/tsd_cisco_small_business_support_center_contacts.html

Please let me know if there is anything I may assist you with in the meantime.

Thanks again,

Hello Khurram,

Jeffrey makes a valid point, either you have faulty handsets or their operating system has become corrupt.

You can either try and reset the units back to factory defaults and then plug them back into the phone system (Best to do this off a power pack with the SPA phones) and then have the phones attempt to reinitialize themselves again.

Or you can just contact SBSC and have them guide you over the phone, and if the issue still remains they can assist you with the RMA process over the phone.

Cheers,

David Trad.

**When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon **

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

Thanks everyone for your valuable suggestions

my phone is faulty n i ll replace it with cisco.