cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Support contracts for UC560 / SA520

Verifile1001
Level 1
Level 1

I am hoping one of you would be able to help me. I spent hours on the phone with Cisco UK and simply got nowhere.

I am about to purchase UC560 and SA520 together with a lot of other things like access points, switches, phones and more.

Where I find it difficult is to understand how we can get a decent support contract for the UC560 and SA520.

The Gold partner told us that the options Cisco are offering for these products are limited because "the unit is not graded high enough model by Cisco".

Because we will have 100 or so users behind these units, they are mission critical. We want to know that if there is a fault an engineer can attend our site within 4 hours and fix the problem or replace the unit.

What we have been offered are one of two options only:

24x7x4 hardware replacement only with no engineer attending on site

or

8x5xNBD hardware replacement and engineer on site.

The problem I have is that with such a mission critical system, next business day service would mean that we will have 100 staff waiting for the next day for the engineer to arrive. We would not be able to provide service to our clients for a whole day which is crazy, not to mention the cost of the staff not working.

The issue I have with the 4 hours hardware replacement only is that we would not know what to do with the replacement box. We do not have Cisco engineers on site that will be able to do anything with it.

I am hoping the members of the forum would be able to help me.

We are based in the UK.

Thanks

Eyal  

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

johschaf
Level 4
Level 4

Hello Eyal,

Your partner advised you correctly, those are the only support contracts available for the UC500 platform.

If you required an onsite engineer to replace a faulty system, I would advise that you contract that service from a Cisco partner in your local area.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

-john

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I see that a previous answer of mine was low rated as evidently did not matched your hopes.

Fortunately the forum give me the prerogative of deleting my own posts and refrain from interacting with you again, please do the same with me.

Thank you and good luck.

johschaf
Level 4
Level 4

Hello Eyal,

Your partner advised you correctly, those are the only support contracts available for the UC500 platform.

If you required an onsite engineer to replace a faulty system, I would advise that you contract that service from a Cisco partner in your local area.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

-john

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: