cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UC540 keysystem to voicemail

David Schau
Level 1
Level 1

I have done some searching but haven't found a solution to what we would like to setup.  Basic system two FXO lines and a few phones SPA509G.  Setup as key system to allow hold for calls versus parking calls and would like to be able to forward RNA calls to a voicemail box. I don't see how to setup so the FXO lines to forward to a voicemail if not answered.  If we setup to forward to a blast group an answered call can't be put on hold and picked up on another phone so that didn't seem to work.

Any ideas on how we can setup to have the CO lines ring all phones, be placed on hold and picked up by another user and if not answered get forwarded to a mailbox of a user or an alternative mailbox?

Not my first UC500 install but first time trying to use it setup as key system but still utilize voicemail.  Anyone figure this out?

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Try this link and see if it helps

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-15755

Have a great day

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

David Trad
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi David,

Was there any reason as to why you couldn't put it in PBX mode and then use the CO line feature in PBX mode?

Outside of that I have never setup a KTS scenario on a Cisco, I avoid them at all costs as you loose functionality when you do so.

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

I have not ever tried to setup or looked into the CO line feature, and am not familiar with what it does.  Anyone have a quick example of how to set it up and what it does?  In the meantime I will look into it..

Thanks.

The CO line is easy to understand and setup but my issue is how can I then get an incoming call to go to voicemail if it goes unanswered?  I tried setting up to hit a blast group but then the call can't be retrieved from another phone if put on hold, I'd have to use park which isn't what the customer wants to do.  It seems this should something fairly simple to setup but I can't seem to figure how to send a call to voicemail from a CO line in either PBX or key system mode. 

So I'd basically like to be able put a call on "hold" and retrieve it from the CO line button and also send to voicemail for a user or GDM if unanswered.  I'd have to believe it's possible somehow.

Try this link and see if it helps

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-15755

Have a great day

This looks promising and seems like I can give it a try to see if I get it right.  I'll reply with my results..

That pretty much does what we had wanted.  The only minor drawback is the if you make an outgoing call then need to have someone else pick it up for some reason you still have to use a park or transfer.  I'll have to see if this is acceptable..