Views
Helpful
Replies

UC560 CLI assistance

palengovender
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Gents, 

I am use to working on CUCM 8.6 and above, from a WebConsole view. 

I have a client that has a UC560, and I therefore being more use to the GUI, downloaded CCA 3.2 and have it installed. 

I have a challenge on 2 things. 

1. I have a user rename request. I have gone the route of deleting the current entry, and creating a new entry for the user with that old extension. 

The new user is still unable to dial out. I have given them a new PIN as well, and this is not working. 

2. I have a speed dial to configure, and this is becoming a mission, as I cannot do this on the CCA. 

I was told that the previous engineer had completed all these tasks via the CLI. 

I have been on searching for days now, and unable to find any good handy guides to show me how to complete these 2 simple tasks. 

I could do these on CM10 very quickly... however this UC560 is turning to be evil... :( 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

fast dial option is there but the numbers/identifiers available are only from 1 to 100.

fastdial dial-tagnumber name name-string

Router(config-ephone)# fastdial 1 5552 name Sales

Creates an entry for a personal speed-dial number on this phone.

• dial-tag—Unique identifier to identify this entry during configuration. Range is 1 to 100.

Note The range for dial-tag is 1 to 24 for Cisco Unified CME versions earlier than 10.5

• number—Telephone number or extension to be dialed.
  • name name-string—Label to appear in the Personal Speed Dial menu, containing a string of up to 24 alphanumeric characters. Personal speed dial is handled through an XML request, so characters that have special meaning to HTTP, such as ampersand (&), percent sign (%), semicolon (;), angle brackets (< >), and vertical bars (||), are not allowed.

Another alternative is to use number expansion but this will be like a global configuration and any user would be able to use this.

num-exp 16906 074xxxx40

When any one would dial 16906 it will translate it to the complete number.

Aseem

(Please rate if useful)

View solution in original post

22 Replies 22

Aseem Anand
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

You can refer the below guide to configure CME using CLI:

For example to configure speed dial:

ephone 1

speed-dial speed-tag digit-string [ label label-text ]

exit

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/admin/configuration/guide/cmeadm/cmespeed.html

Aseem

(Please rate if useful)

Hi Aseem, 

I tried and this did not help much... 

Ok, so the Speed Dial is 16906 and the Telephone is 074xxxx40 label is Nisah

I went as follows: 

telnet to UC560

enable mode

configure - terminal

ephone - 99 

speed-dial 16906 074xxxx40 label Nisah

Hi,

Can you try the command below under ephone:

Speed-dial 1 074XXXX40 label Nisah

Aseem

Hi, 

Can you help me understand something please... 

How would that speed dial be associated with me dialling 16906, if I do not state 16906 in the config? 

Hi,

I think you have got the concept of speed dial all wrong. If you type in Speed-dial 1 074XXXX40 label Nisah under ephone, it will create a speed dial on your second line of the phone.

What you are describing is not speed dial but i guess is called personal speed dials or fast dials in CME.

Aseem

Aaaah... 

yes, and I must apologize... 

Fast dialing is the correct term. 

Hi,

fast dial option is there but the numbers/identifiers available are only from 1 to 100.

fastdial dial-tagnumber name name-string

Router(config-ephone)# fastdial 1 5552 name Sales

Creates an entry for a personal speed-dial number on this phone.

• dial-tag—Unique identifier to identify this entry during configuration. Range is 1 to 100.

Note The range for dial-tag is 1 to 24 for Cisco Unified CME versions earlier than 10.5

• number—Telephone number or extension to be dialed.
  • name name-string—Label to appear in the Personal Speed Dial menu, containing a string of up to 24 alphanumeric characters. Personal speed dial is handled through an XML request, so characters that have special meaning to HTTP, such as ampersand (&), percent sign (%), semicolon (;), angle brackets (< >), and vertical bars (||), are not allowed.

Another alternative is to use number expansion but this will be like a global configuration and any user would be able to use this.

num-exp 16906 074xxxx40

Aseem

(Please rate if useful)

Thank you Kindly Aseem, that is what I was looking for. 

Will Test on Monday and hopefully all will be working... :) 

One other request, how do I change a username for an extension via CLI?? 

Hi,

You can refer to the document below:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/document/12015641/extension-mobility-cme-configuration-troubleshooting

Aseem

(Please rate if useful)

num-exp 16906 074xxxx40

Aseem

Hi Aseem, 

I've completed this however the configuration has not applied. 

Hi,

Which one did you tested and what is the error message? Can you please share the configuration you applied?

Aseem

Hi, 

I've applied: 

num-exp 16906 0749416740

Then typed end and exit

Regards

Hi,

Can you please create a new dial-peer with destination-pattern of 16906 and test it out please?

Aseem

hi, 

what would that CLI command be?