Views
Helpful
Replies

UC560 - SF2010P smart ports

graeme
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

We upgraded an ESW 24 port witch to a SFE2010P 48 port switch on a cusotmer site with a UC560.

We linked port G1 on the Switch to the Expnaions Port on the UC560 whcih the ESW was plugged into.

With the ESW plugged in smartports wanted it set as a swtich and it was.

Now with the SFP (must point out that phones, pc's etc are all working on all the right vlans) plugged in the CCA says that the UC560 port smart port should be set to IPPhone or IPPhone +device.

this is a fully CCA site, but I cannot get CCA to access the SFP 2010P, and am not sure what to set the port to on the SFP so that the UC560 sees it as a switch.

Im loathe to play about as its all working, but concerned that it may cause an issue later on if the UC560 thinks the switch is aphone.

Thanks

Graeme

6 Replies 6

bkwon
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi

usually the firmware in new shipment has old FW, please check the FW and upgrade it properly.

thanks

Tom Watts
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Graeme, I cannot speak from the UC500 point of view. However, from the SFE/SGE switches, the issue is, the switch does not support CDP, LLDP-MED, auto smart port, etc.

The switch will have to be manually configured with data vlan untag, voice vlan tag. The phones will likely have to be manually set as well with the operational VLAN voice id and pctoportvlan as the data VLAN id.

I hope the switch side of your question can assist you to determine what to do with the UC aspect.

I would strongly recommended to use any of the ESW, Sx300 or Sx500 switches for your voice endeavors as these switches have a much stronger feature set geared toward voice and integrate beautifully in to the uc320, uc540 and uc560.

-Tom Please mark answered for helpful posts http://blogs.cisco.com/smallbusiness/

Thanks guys,

Anyone got an easy setup guide so I can configure this switch with the right Vlans,

(Uc560 default VLANS)

Also the reason we had to choose this one is we had a SF200-48P recomended by our Disty, we turned up on site set it up to find out that it only does POE on 24 ports, which is no use.

So we had to swap it for the SF2010P as it is the only 48port switch in the Small Buisness Range that does 48 POE ports.

I have checked th site and the phones are registering and working but they are registering on the DATa VLAN with Data IPS

Everything is working though, so any changes would have to be made out of hours, so want ot make sure I get it right first time.

Thanks

gRaeme

Hello Graeme,

The SX300 and SX500 switches also support POE on all of the ports. If it is possible, it would be best to acquire one of those.

As for the configuration of the SFE2010P

• Create your respective VLAN 100
  • Interface settings -> Assign all ports connecting to phones and UC as trunk
  • Go to VLAN to Port then click JOIN next to the desire port
  • On the left column, choose your VLAN 100, ensure option is TAGGED, then click the arrow to move to right column
  • Click APPLY

This will provide the basic framework. The port connecting to the UC should be trunk 1u, 100t. Any phones that have a computer connecting to the phone should be trunk, 1u, 100t. Any phone that DOES NOT have a computer connecting to the phone can remain as access 100u.

-Tom Please mark answered for helpful posts http://blogs.cisco.com/smallbusiness/

Ok ill give this a bash when the client has time.

with regards to the switches, both Ciscos site and our UK dist told us that that was the only 48port with POE on all 48 ports aart from the gigabot version.

Graeme

graeme
Level 1
Level 1

Ok tried it and it's all gone crap

With the vlans in place the phones just go into a reboot loop,

Try to undo it and it's still knackered.

Will have to go to site over the weekend and try and revert it back

Any suggestions???

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App