cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ucs500 - liverecord hunt groups?

lscd-fort
Level 1
Level 1

I've configured liverecord for our user extensions, is it possible to configure liverecord for hunt groups? If users press the liverecord button for a call they receive via hunt group, they get a message saying that no mailbox exists for the (hunt group?)

cca version 3.2(2), ucs500 version 15.1(2) T2

Thanks

13 Replies 13

johschaf
Level 4
Level 4

Live record records the call to a voicemail box. Does the extension being rung from the hunt group have a

voicemail box associated with it?

Thanks,

-john

Yep, the members of the hunt group all have vm boxes.  I'll be confirming the exact behavior tomm, I'll update this post then.

Just confirmed this morning, when user picks up the call that comes to their ext from the hunt group, then tries to go to 'more' -> 'livercd', they get an ugly message that no mailbox exists for this user (this user does have a voicemail box on the system, they use it all the time). Also, worse is that the calling party hears the ugly 'no mailbox exists' as well.

Thanks,

Chris

Hello Chris,

I labbed this up using both a blast group and hunt group, and in both situations it worked. My UC is on the latest IOS version: 15.1(4)M5.

In your configuration, is the extension the only extension on the user's phone? If not, does the extension you are sending the call to from the hunt group, have a mailbox? If you are using a seconday extension with no mailbox, there is no way for this feature to use the mailbox on the other extension.

Thanks,

-john

Thanks John, although little frustrating that it's working fine for you in lab setup. I will take a closer look at the user and their extension / mailbox. Pretty sure the hunt group is sending directly to their primary extension on their phone.

Hi John,

debug of a call coming into huntgroup, then attempting to press liverecord just after the call is picked up,

http://pastebin.com/2EYzVZS6

Thanks,

Chris

Does the user have a voicemail box associated with extension being rang from the huntgroup?

If so, please let me know what the extension is and then recreate the issue running the following debugs and post the output here:

debug voice ccapi inout

debug ccsip messages

Thanks,

-john

Thanks John, will get those debugs tomm am. One thing I found today that might be the problem, all of our users in cca have an extension of 84x , but we also have ephone-dn numbers in the 20x range pointing to each user (sorry I haven't figured this quite yet), that point to each user in the hunt group. So the hunt group is pointing to 20x extensions for the members of the hunt group. Little strange to me but maybe this is normal. Somewere I suppose there's an association between the 20x's and the 84x's.  Maybe this is why liverecord isn't working.

Hello,

I think that just further points to the fact that there might not be a voicemail box on those extensions. I have seen where you will create 2 extensions on a phone, and direct calls to either extension, and when the extension rings the user knows how to answer(ie extension 1 is for company A and extension 2 is for company B)

Thanks,

-john

Yep, I've explored this a little more, these users that are in the hunt group, have addt'l extensions configured on their phones (20x) that the hunt group sends calls for them to. Instead of their normal, primary 8xx internal extension. I assume there's a reason for this , I suppose so other users in the hunt group can see when a user is on a hunt group call? not sure there...  Also seems the user can only have one mailbox ... I can't enable voicemail for this addt'l 2xx extension, since it's tied to the users phone, and the user can only have 1 mailbox?

Hello,

I'd ask the users if they know why it was configured that way. Most likely, they need to send the calls to that secondary extension so they can differentiate who is calling and how they need to answer.

Thanks,

-john

Thanks, I agree that's most likely the case here. So it seems an 2nd extension configured on the phone in this way, won't be able to use liverecord? Maybe you could confirm in your lab setup?  Thanks

Hello,

I set this up in the lab, and couldn't get live record to work on the second extension. On that extension I configured it as a shared line with a General Delivery Mailbox(GDM).

Thanks,

-john