cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

BE 6000 25 users bundles and ordering process

jzhang92
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

To simplify BE 6000 ordering process for Disti and direct orders, we are introducing the new ordering structure.

The following are some highlights.  Ordering guide will be published on Feb 4th 2013.

• Cisco Business Edition 6000 Version 9.1 now offers one simple process for both direct order and order through distribution: Server Bundle + Software Starter Bundle for 25 users + Additonal licenses. This change reduces cost for small BE6000 deployments and also helps reduce lead time.
  • You can order the Server Bundle BE6K-ST-BDL-K9= directly or through distribution. A price reduction for the Server Bundle is effective on February 9, 2013.
  • Cisco Business Edition 6000 9.1 now offers Software Starter Bundles for 25 users. The Software Starter Bundles do not include Business Edition 6000 server, and they are e-delivery only. Each new BE6000 system order requires one and only one Software Starter. Please refer to section 3.2 for more details about Starter Bundles.
  • The Cisco Business Edition 6000 User Connect License Starter Bundle includes 25 Enhanced User licenses and 25 Unity Connection licenses with reduced cost. This bundle is different from Starter Bundles in BE6000 8.0 and existing Starter Bundles that have Basic User licenses.
  • Customers can install only one  Software Starter Bundle per BE6000 deployment (single cluster). Stacking Software Starter Bundles is against Cisco policy, and will be rejected when you register the license on the Cisco license website.

New System ordering work flow:

Step 1. Order a BE6000 Server Bundle : BE6K-ST-BDL-K9=

Note: For deployments that require high availability, order two server bundles for redundancy.

If you need a secondary power supply, order UCSC-PSU-650W= as spare part

Step 2. Select the top-level SKU R-CBE6K-K9, and choose a Software Starter Bundle

BE6K-START-UCL25   - includes 25 ENHANCED user license and 25 advanced voice mail licenses

BE6K-START-UWL25  - include 25 Cisco UWL standard licenses

Note: Choose only one Software Starter Bundle per BE6000 deployment. If you purchased more than one server for redundancy, you should purchase only one Software Starter Bundle. Registering more than one Software Starter Bundle on one BE6000 cluster will be rejected.

Step 3. Add additional user licenses. To enable more users beyond the users included in the starter bundle, you can select the appropriate quantities of the license depending on your user profiles (Table 7). One BE6000 deployment can have both UCL licenses and UWL licenses.

Step 4.  Select a software version.

Step 5. Select IM and presence deployment options

Step 6. Order optional soft clients

Step 7. Select a software subscription

47 Replies 47

dgalanos
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Please note that Business Edition 6000 hardware is still required to run ALL business edition software packages, including the new 25-user starter packs.  Business Edition 6000 is NOT supported on any other hardware at this time.  The part number for Business Edition 6000 hardware is BE6K-ST-BDL-K9=

Dear Dlangos,

This seems to be an old post. I plead with you to provide me with helpful information so I won't make mistake.

1. Customer wants to purchase a new BE6000 server for 50  ip phones ,15 jabber clients and video conference calls.I want to recommend the following to him:

Order a BE6H-m5-xu server hardware

Order a BE6k-starter-bundle cuwl 35 meeting license to support cms

Order 30 user connect licenses for the remaining 30 ip phones

I dont know if the above recommendation is correct?

Questions.

1. I am seeing the hardware tagged at $23000. Is this price for the two servers (PUB and SUB)? If you want to purchase only one,will it be possible?

2. Can the starter bundle license be installed on a third party server?

Hope to read from you soonest

boonchin.ng
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Not sure if this is the right forum. But would like to clarify, for a redundancy BE 6000 setup with UCCX, is the HA Server Software License (example: L-CCX-90-A-PHA-LIC) a mandatory SKU?

Cheers!

Hi,

For the BE6000, start by ordering the appropriate promotional starter bundle under the R-CBE6K-K9 top level part.  You can then order any additional features and agents using the standard CCX ordering process.

http://www.cisco.com/web/partners/downloads/partner/WWChannels/technology/ipc/downloads/CCBU_ordering_guide.pdf

So following the guidance in section 4.6.3 of the above, then yes, for a Premium deployment, the SKU to state would be required.

mmihalyf
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

I need some clarification for the sentence "Customers can install only one  Software Starter Bundle per BE6000 deployment (single cluster)."

Previously it was allowed to order 2 HW + 2 Bundle for redundany. This sentence means to me it is not allowed anymore.

However in the ordering guide I found an example on page 17, where 2xBE6K-ST-BDL-K9 and 2xBE6K-STBDL2UWL100 is ordered ( page 17, table 24

http://www.cisco.com/web/partners/downloads/partner/WWChannels/technology/ipc/downloads/be_6000.pdf ).

Which is correct?

Thanks,

Marton

Hi Marton,

It is correct that only one 25 user starter bundle license is applicable per deployment.  This, as you have seen, is a change from before.  This change will make sense when we make another annoncement at the end of this week.

For the time being, you may continue to order the 50 and 100 user bundles until July 26.

I think you may be looking at an older cached version of the ordering guide.  The current version does not have have table 24 on page 17.  The example in table 17 (page 15) of the current guide shows how to order with the 25 user license.

Regards,

Andy

THe new ordering guide ( February 2013 version) for 25 user bundles and new BE 6000 ordering process is posted at following:

http://www.cisco.com/web/partners/downloads/partner/WWChannels/technology/ipc/downloads/be_6000.pdf

To order redundancy server, ordering two BE6K-ST-BDL-K9=  and one software starter bundle, choose one from : BE6K-START-UCL25 or BE6K-START-UWL25.

Please note:  BE6K-STBDL2UWL100 is unders EOS, we encourage you to order using the new process.

Please also note, some price reduction will happen this weekend.

•EOS notification for BE 6000 SKUs

A lot of SKUs are under EOS to simplify the ordering process. Please check the following link for details. Those SKUs will stay orderable for till the specified termination time in the notification.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps11369/prod_eol_notices_list.html

•Price Change Announcement

https://www.ciscodistributioncentral.com/news-and-events/news/2082

Please click learn more for more details

•Ordering Guide for New Ordering Process. Please look for 9.1 version

http://www.cisco.com/web/partners/sell/technology/ipc/uc_tech_readiness.html

There have been some questions around BE6000 ordering for HA or migrations.

For the purpose of HA or Migration, the software starter bundle is NOT required.  you only need to purchase the server bundle : BE6K-ST-BDL-K9=

Case 1:  customer already have a BE6000 solution running, but they want to purchase a redundacy sever.  THey can just order the server BE6K-ST-BDL-K9= without ording the sw starter bundle.

case 2: customer migrated from 5K or other UC platforms to BE 6000, the can use the 9X3 program to migrate license with low cost, and just need to order the server BE6K-ST-BDL-K9= without ordering the sw starter bundle.

azoupas
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Jing,

would appreciate if you could clarify below questions:

1) in the past BE6K was orderable only by Advanced UC partners. 

Is this requirement removed?

2) In the CUWL Pro package, we have the option for Cisco Webex Meetings Server (CWMS) (webex on premises).

But in BE6K CUWL offering this is not mentioned as an option and does not appear in CCW.

Will CWMS be added as an option for BE6K CUWL bundle?

3) If I understand correctly from documentation , you can get VCS promo and deploy VCS coresident with BE6K

and the only restriction is that VCS will scale up to 100 traversal/100 non-traversal calls. Is this correct?

thanks

Alkiviadis

1) I believe the 'Advanced UC' certification is required, but we are evaluating this criteria now.

2) CUWL Pro licenses should be added to BE6000 on a separate line of the order.  Top-level part number is 'L-CUWL-ADDON-PROK9'

3) Check the OVA template info here.

Hello Dgalanos,

could you help to check for me this license BE6K-START-PRO35 come with how many video conference sites?

many thanks

Charlie

I'm no expert on the matter, but as far as I know the BE6K-START-PRO35 stands for "BE6000 User License Starter Bundle with 35 UWL Pro Licenses". According Cisco Unified Communications Licensing:

Cisco Unified Workspace Licensing (UWL) ...Professional Edition now includes comprehensive, unlimited participant video conferencing with Personal Multiparty video at no additional cost.

You may email Licensing Support – A Cisco licensing expert should respond you if you still in doubt.

Alkiviadis,

At http://www.cisco.com/go/mmcollabpromotion open T&C doc, it lists partner requirements. Not only AUC, Express and/or Tandberg ATP partners also qualify.

Marton

Hi Marton,

question was for BE6K bundle specifically, not for the MidMarket promotion.

If I undestand correctly new BE6K part numbers is the way to go for new cases

and is something that partners would be able to quote.

Where MidMarket promo can be submitted by multiple partners but Cisco will grant the promo

to the partner that whose opportunity was approved first.

txs!

Alkiviadis