Announcements
Views
Helpful
Replies
sengjiunn
Beginner

Cisco Web Security WCCP High-Availability

Hi,

I have some questions on WSA high-availability. Let say I have two units of WSA and they are deployed in transparent mode using WCCP. As I understand, the load-balancing will be handled by WCCP server (WCCP compliant routers or switches) and WCCP server will redirect the web request to the available WCCP client (either WSA1 or WSA2). Meaning to say all WSA they are running active/active configuration. Please correct me if i'm wrong.

My questions as follows:

1) Any dependency for WSA to achieve active/active? How to ensure can achieve active/active?

2) Let say I have 2 appliance model S380, if running active/active is that means 8K users will be equally distributed on each appliance such as 4K on WSA1 and 4K on WSA2?

3) If let say customer have 14K users, is that means have to upgrade to higher box like S680? And how's the load calculation will be? 7K each appliance or what?

4) If let say customer have 10K users, is that means I can use the same box S380? 5K each appliance or what? And how's the load calculation will be?

Much appreciated for your help!

Great thanks in advance.

Regards,

Steven

0 REPLIES 0