cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to Install Renewed Certificate on Expressway Server

WestlakeIT
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, I'm needing to install either a renewed GoDaddy cert, or my boss suggested the wildcard cert, onto a Cisco Expressway-E server, but all the instructions I found talk about creating a CRS key and then getting the cert with the new CRS key.  I found a video where some guy just installed the renewed cert like it wasn't even a thing, just uploaded the single file and that was that.

I'm confused now.  I'm not a security tech, and I don't want to break it if I do it wrong.  Can I just upload the new GoDaddy cert?  If I install the wildcard cert instead what all do I need?

3 Replies 3

opryluts
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Seems the question is related to collaboration/voice product. Would be better to ask in https://community.cisco.com/t5/collaboration-voice-and-video/ct-p/4691-collaboration-voice-video

In general, you have 2 options for cert upload:

1. Upload it directly if you have both cert and private key for it

2. Generate a CSR on the box, sign it by CA (GoDaddy in your case) and upload the cert. In this case, the private key for the CSR/cert is already on the box.

Please vote if you find it helpful.

So the renewed cert from GoDaddy will work with the CSR already generated and in the box, I don't need to update it?

I'm not sure how it works in Expressway Server... Would be better to ask in the thread I provided in the previous message.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: