Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

how to release link an domain blocked?

Hi,

How to release only one video youtube.com domain?

The domain youtube.com is blocked in global policy.

My version is 7.5.0 Web IronPort

Best Regards,

Paulo Araujo

Infrastructure Analyst

Mail:paulo.sibalde@gmail.com

4 Replies 4

alessandro.s
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Paulo,

copy the entire link of the video you wish to allow, then create a new custom url category pasting the link you copied on "regular expressions" filed.

Then, under the section "URL filtering" of your access policy Click on "Select Custom URL Categories" and select the Custom URL category you created.

At the end select the action Allow for the URL category you added, submit and commit changes.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Thanks Alessandro,

In the case of regular expression as I do the release?

The link is: www.youtube.com/watch?v=sBt8qm39mig

Regards

just insert the entire link in regular expression field, without "www" suffix, so in your case it would be

.youtube.com/watch?v=sBt8qm39mig

don't forget "dot" character before the word "youtube"

Let me know!!

Regards

Alessandro

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Christian Rahl
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Paulo,

Please follow the instruction below and you will get any single youtube video to work both on the main site and in embeded videos on other sites.

You will need to create a custom category for the youtube allow. Add the following sites into the sections specified. 

These sections will allow the advertisements and the control functions to load. Along with letting the site look normal.  Advertisements and controls must load for any youtube video to play.

Site:  .ytimg.com, ytimg.com, gdata.youtube.com

Regular Expressions: 

youtube\.com/get_player

youtube\.com/get_video_info

youtube\.com/videoplayback

youtube\.com/crossdomain\.xml

youtube\.com/generate

Once you have added these sites you will need to determine the video id.  This is fairly easy and I have included an example below.

Ex: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ

You will see a section with random characters. Always comes after video_id, watch?v= or embed?v=. This value will be used for the next section.

In the regex please add the following and replace

youtube\.com/.*

Good luck. Let me know if anything breaks.

Christian Rahl

Customer Support Engineer

Cisco Web Content Security Appliance

Cisco Technical Assistance Center RTP

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: