Views
Helpful
Replies

Enable automatically recording for personal room

TuanNguyen
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'm finding a way to record a personal meeting automatically when it is started.

Is it possible and how to do it?

Thanks

9 Replies 9

Yes your site administrator can do that. 

A site administrator  can enable automatic recordings for your whole Webex site. With this feature enabled, when any of your users host a meeting, Webex Meetings automatically begins recording.

Screenshot 2021-07-26 at 9.30.11 PM.pngScreenshot 2021-07-26 at 9.30.18 PM.png

https://help.webex.com/en-us/nghqgucb/Enable-Automatic-Recording-of-All-Meetings-on-Your-Webex-Site#task_x4f_3v3_r4b

Response Signature

Hi Nithin,

I've seen your provided help page about enabling the Auto Recording, but actually I don't find that setting in my Site Settings. The only one I can find is in the Advanced User Settings, but it does not work either.

Screenshot 2021-07-27 095353.png

Thanks

Before enabling this feature you  must allow storage allocation overages.

https://help.webex.com/en-us/nbqlzeu/Manage-Webex-Meetings-Users-in-Cisco-Webex-Control-Hub

Response Signature

I don't find the option "allow storage allocation overages" too.

Thanks

Additional Recording Storage

Enter in the amount of extra recording space to be allocated for a user.

• Click the User Management link on the left-hand side of the page.
  • Click on the Edit User link.
  • Enter search criteria for the host account you would like to modify into the User name: or Email: field, then click the Search button.
  • Click on the name of the host account you would like to modify.
  • Scroll down to the My Webex: section.
  • In the Additional recording storage: field, type the amount of additional storage you would like to assign to this user.
  • Scroll to the bottom of the page, then click the Update button.

Response Signature

Albeit it enables recording, IMHO it’s not really an answer to the OP question as it would not enable recording for personal room meetings (PMR) only, it would enable it for all types of meetings.

Response Signature

Sadav Ansari
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Contact to your WebEx administrator they can enable automatic meeting record based on user profile.

As a site administrator, they can turn on automatic recordings for individual users, instead of turning on automatic recording for the whole site.

When recordings for individual users is enabled, every meeting, event, or training session that the user hosts is recorded. The recording starts when the meeting begins and can’t be stopped or paused, after the meeting starts.

Before you begin

To enable automatic recordings for a user, allow storage allocation overages for that user.

From the customer view in https://admin.webex.com, go to Users and select the user to change the privileges for.

In the panel that opens on the right, in the Services, select Meeting.

Under Webex Meeting Sites, select the Webex site to change the privileges for.

Click Advanced User Settings and Tracking Codes.

Under the User Settings section, check Automatically record all meetings.

Click Update.

Pls vote for all useful post!!

Pls rate if its “Helpful”. If this answered your question pls click “Accept as Solution”.

Albeit it enables recording, IMHO it’s not really an answer to the OP question as it would not enable recording for personal room meetings (PMR) only, it would enable it for all types of meetings.

Response Signature

AFAIK this is not possible.

Response Signature