cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Org Admin recommended configurations

mollydubow
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Have you implemented all of the Webex recommended essential configurations in your org? 

The configs I'm asking about are:

Phase one:

• Verify Domain
  • Claim Users
  • Claim Domain
  • Site linking

Phase two:

• DirSync
  • SSO
  • Calendar features

If you did all of them: What benefits do you get from enabling these items? How did you measure success of enabling them?

If you didn't, why?

Response Signature

152 Replies 152

Luke.Doust
Level 1
Level 1

All of that is done in my environment, unfortunately not by me, as it was before my time.

I love the ease of use of single sign on and One button to push has also been a life saver for our meeting rooms, and making things extremely simple for associates, especially with the ability to also now join teams meetings from a Cisco kit using one button to push too!

Administration is now simple, and all of these features have helped to make it so.

James McMichael
Level 1
Level 1

Hey Molly,

Out of all the features we have deployed the following:

Phase one:

• Verify Domain - Deployed - Domain verification is the first step to claiming any users that try to join our domain.
  • Claim Users - Completed - Though we didn't have many to claim.
  • Claim Domain - Deployed - Any future users will be auto claimed into our domain and have our policies applied, though we get ahead of this via SCIM integration in Azure AD.
  • Site linking - Auto-Enrolled - Our site was part of the setup of our domain and we had no existing subscriptions to claim.

Phase two:

• DirSync - Not Deployed - The on-premise connector is not really suitable for long-term use and we prefer utilising SCIM via Azure AD. This provides better flexibility in setup and leaves the solution as truly cloud based.
  • SSO - Deployed - The benefits when SCIM is already setup is easy, single sign-on is a must not just for convenience but for security too.
  • Calendar features - Deployed - Office 365 Exchange Online integration for easy meeting creation. Pretty much a no-brainer for deployment. Teamed with OBTP for on-premise endpoints it's great.

With all the parts deployed we have a fully integrated solution that all of our company is utilising. We have over 90% adoption with the majority of day-to-day communication and meetings happening in Webex.

AGCollab617
Level 1
Level 1

Phases 1 and 2 were completed before I started with the my current employer.

The site linking was essential as we are a legacy Webex customer.  DirSync makes user administration a breeze with the on premises Cisco Directory connector pointing to our AD servers. 

Dpresotto
Level 1
Level 1

We did Phase 1 & 2. Our users love the SSO option because we have our other programs using SSO. A one-click login is the best.
it's faster and safer.

jczifra
Level 1
Level 1

We are done with phases 1 and 2 except adsync. 

The second phase is sometimes not implemented for security reasons. It would be useful to discuss this with the security staff.

hakankatircioglu_0-1632139778966.png

talhashoaib10
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Mollydubow,

I have the same problem too.

bdemaine
Level 1
Level 1

We have done all of phase 1 and 2.

• Easy authentication with SSO
  • Create/Delete users automatically
  • Calendar integration for easy meeting scheduling

Mihail001
Level 1
Level 1

We implemented phase 1 and 2 configs. From users perspective the technology ( Webex) was adopted quite fast due to its ease of use; Webex is now included when onboarding new employees. From an admin perspective, we manage everything related to Webex from a single place ( Control Hub)

r.ranjan
Level 1
Level 1

I have implemented most of the features step by step. It makes the life easier for administrator and gives good user experience for the organisation. SSO and calendar connector are few features being used extensively.

twhipps
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Great info

Dhirendrakumar
Level 1
Level 1

Hi ,

I have done the below

Phase one:

Verify Domain

Claim Users

Claim Domain

Site linking

Phase two:

SSO

Calendar features

luigidavino
Level 1
Level 1

I did phases 1 and 2 except calendar features.

Everythings works fine.

Completed Phase 1 and yet to complete phase 2

We have done all of these, both phase 1 and 2, which gives us, among others:

• Easy authentication with SSO. 
  • Create users automatically
  • Calendar integration for simplicity of the join experience for users.

apearce
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I ensure all my customers complete both phase I and II

alexandrustoica
Level 1
Level 1

I didn’t implement them yet since I don’t have access to a org control hub, but I plan to implement them as they make sense and are recommended as best practices 

Erik Thiele
Level 4
Level 4

We have done the following:

• Verify Domain
  • Claim Users
  • Site linking
  • SSO
  • Calendar features

SSO has been a mandatory requirement for us for the rollout in the company.

The location link is a good way to have better manageability with more than 100 devices.

The calendar integration has been rolled out from day one. Via the calendar and the OBTP function we were able to provide a very easy access to the meetings for the users.

The users are synced to the cloud and get the licenses assigned automatically. No further steps are therefore necessary.

Peter Anders
Level 1
Level 1

I have completed all of the highlighted aspects except for the SSO implementation ( awaiting new domain launch).

All of the integrations completed successfully, and they are very easy to follow the actual guides 

Mark
Level 1
Level 1

Completed both phases. Unified access with SSO and most specially the one button to join with hybrid calendar

brwaldma
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

As part of a team that does Webex POCs (proof of concepts) for Cisco Customers and Partners around the world, we always advise our teams to "Verify their Domain" so that users can be claimed when required. While we are in the POC phase we do not "Claim the Domain"; however, we strongly advise customers to do this once they have a paid subscription applied to the org. 

Likewise we try to have customers turn up SSO, for simple user authentication, Calendar Connector, and Directory Sync as well. If these services are part of the overall POC scope, we ensure that they are functional before adding trial participants to the org. This ensures that the users will have the best experience possible with Webex as soon as they launch the app.

Getting Started

Welcome to the Webex Community. This is your home to ask questions, share knowledge, and attend live webinars.