Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Outlook Calendar integration - Show Calendar Presence in Webex

My organization is migrating from Jabber to Webex app.  A consistent complaint  is the lack of presence updates based on Outlook calendar entries. Jabber was very consistent in showing a users presence as "In a Meeting" for any Outlook calendar event that showed the user as Busy.  Webex app appears to only update the presence status of Out of Office messages, in a call events, and Webex enabled meetings.  Users are complaining that for in person calendared meetings and just time blocks calendared as Busy that Webex shows presence status of Active (Available, Green).  People are going back to office now and will have more and more on prem Meetings. That will be a big problem for us, specially if I compare with MS Teams. All of our users are configured for Hybrid Calendar so the Outlook calendar Information is available in Webex app. Why it is this still missing? If it is on the raodmap, waht is the ETA?

2 Accepted Solutions

Ratheesh Kumar
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
Hi there
My understanding is that, its still an Enhancement request. Just check out this discussion here https://community.cisco.com/t5/webex-meetings-and-webex-app/outlook-calendar-integration-with-webex-no-presence-updates-for/td-p/4321614
I think you should reach out to your Cisco SE or AM to get some internal insights
Hope this Helps

Cheers
Rath!

***Please rate helpful posts and if applicable mark "Accept as a Solution"***

View solution in original post

daniepad
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

this needs to be done on the backend. You may need to check with your current CSM or by reaching the TAC team ( CSM is preferred since this is not a technical issue). The feature toggles that need to be enabled are the next. Then, you will have an option in the Webex app (Avatar icon->Settings->Privacy) that needs to be enabled  named: "Show when in a calendar meeting"

desktop-presence-client-calendar-meeting-v2
mobile-presence-client-calendar-meeting-v2

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

daniepad
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

this needs to be done on the backend. You may need to check with your current CSM or by reaching the TAC team ( CSM is preferred since this is not a technical issue). The feature toggles that need to be enabled are the next. Then, you will have an option in the Webex app (Avatar icon->Settings->Privacy) that needs to be enabled  named: "Show when in a calendar meeting"

desktop-presence-client-calendar-meeting-v2
mobile-presence-client-calendar-meeting-v2

I was in touch with our Webex Customer Success Manager and I figured out that there is a Beta witch he can activate for our company in order to show the missing outlook calendar presence in the Webex status. I hope I can tell more about soon.

Hi Joerg

Did you manage to get this resolved with Beta upgrade?

I'm having the same issue and hope this may resolve our issue.

Thanks

Anthony

My Cisco Webex Success Manager let activate the feature in the Backend for our company and it is working since then.
I don't know the reason why this feature has to be activated by Cisco in the Backend on request of the Cisco Webex Success Manager and is not something that can be managed in the Control Hub.

Ratheesh Kumar
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
Hi there
My understanding is that, its still an Enhancement request. Just check out this discussion here https://community.cisco.com/t5/webex-meetings-and-webex-app/outlook-calendar-integration-with-webex-no-presence-updates-for/td-p/4321614
I think you should reach out to your Cisco SE or AM to get some internal insights
Hope this Helps

Cheers
Rath!

***Please rate helpful posts and if applicable mark "Accept as a Solution"***

Getting Started

Welcome to the Webex Community. This is your home to ask questions, share knowledge, and attend live webinars.