cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Company spin off

Clifford McGlamry
Spotlight
Spotlight

I knew sooner or later I'd run into this, and now I have.  Customer unit within a company already on Webex Calling in Webex Control hub.  

Customer is asking about the following:

1. Migrating DIDs that are active in WCH via a customer gateway to Cisco hosted PSTN.

2. Migrating DIDs that are active in WCH to a separate WCH (staying active on Webex calling, but as a separate WCH instance)

I cannot locate documentation on how to handle either of these situations.  Anyone out there got any pointers?

TIA

Cliff

1 Reply 1

Vaijanath Sonvane
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi @Clifford McGlamry,

If you are trying to move Customer Unit to another Webex Control Hub with their own DIDs using Cisco Hosted PSTN (example Cisco Calling Plan) then your initial step would involve collaborating with a Cisco Account Manager or Cisco Partner to generate a separate Purchase Order with a new Subscription ID. This process could potentially alter the licensing model, pricing, and may require a some time, as it's treated as a separate organizational entity. However, addressing this aspect is essential, and you should diligently coordinate efforts in this regard.

Once the new Control Hub is activated, if the domain of this subset of users matches that of the main company, you won't be able to claim the domain and activate Single Sign-On (SSO).

At this point, two options are available for migrating users and their associated Direct Inward Dialing (DID) numbers:

Option 1:

- Configure Location and Choose Connection Type as Cloud Connected PSTN or Cisco Calling Plan.
- Place DID porting request via WCH
- Wait for the DIDs to be active and then migrate Users and Devices.

2. Option 2:
- Configure Location and Choose Connection Type as local gateway.
- Migrate DIDs, Users and Devices to second control hub so inbound and outbound will work same way as main company.
- Choose PSTN service provider of your choice and work with them for porting of of DID numbers.
- Switch from Local Gateway to Cloud PSTN Provider.

Please rate helpful posts and if applicable mark "Accept as a Solution".
Thanks, Vaijanath S.