cancelar
Mostrando los resultados de 
Buscar en lugar de 
Quiere decir: 
cancel
Visitas
ÚTIL
Respuestas

How do I port an existing number to my Webex Calling Plan?

jh2022
Level 1
Level 1

I cannot seem to find a way to port an existing number from my old provider to a Cisco Webex Calling plan. The option appeared to be available in the Calling Plan for $17 USD, but I do not see any way of doing it after signing up. There are no instructions. I found some documentation that shows how to port numbers using the Webex Control panel, but I do not see the same options in the interface I am using. Is porting numbers not available for this plan? Does Cisco not have this setup for this plan? It's so strange that there is no onboarding experience for this very important part of the process. I don't see any information in my PC app. I don't see any information in my user console. I don't see any documentation related to the plan I chose. I called customer support, but no one seemed to know anything. What do I do? Who do I talk to? What am I missing? Has anyone else tried to port a number on the $17 USD per month plan?

4 RESPUESTAS 4

Major80301
Level 1
Level 1

This is ridiculous. I had this same (porting) problem back 2021. Having it again in 2023. Now after 10 days they have yet to make it happen so I will cut our losses and do as you did in starting over with a new account. Oh, and has anyone tried adding locations. It works flawlessly for the Enterprise Licensing but if you purchase Pro licenses directly from the Webex.com site, that nifty feature does not actually work. It would be nice knowing ahead of time.

jrsteele21
Spotlight
Spotlight

You should put a request in Aha.  The product team reviews these requests and others can upvote the recommendation.

https://ciscocollabcustomer.ideas.aha.io/ideas

jh2022
Level 1
Level 1

For anyone reading this. I had to start a brand new account and select the port or transfer existing number option for this to work for the link in the image above to appear. I did this based on the suggestion of a Cisco rep. My first subscription was intended to test out the service because I didn't want to port my business line to some service I've never tried before.

jh2022
Level 1
Level 1

I found it. See attached image. It's in the admin console before the control hub. There are no instructions on how to do this. No documentation. No indication you need to visit this portion of the console to port a number. Nothing. I just sort of had to stumble on this. All you have to do is click the link. I am impressed with most aspects of this service except this part. Terrible onboarding experience for this porting numbers aspect. Porting numbers is super important, especially for businesses.