cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Scheduled Reboot - Cisco IP Devices

MTrent
Level 1
Level 1

My organization has been on WebEx calling for a little over a year now.  We migrated from on-prem CUCM but have opted to be fully cloud based with our WebEx implementation.

We have seen issues with our Cisco devices (primarily 7841s) having call quality issues the longer they have been running.  Some users are seeing upwards of 30% call legs showing poor quality.  The issues seem to go away after a device reboot.

We'd like to be more proactive about preventing these issues from occurring and reboot the phones on a regular basis.  Based on what I can see in the control hub, this isn't possible.  I know we can reboot one device at a time, but that hardly seems practical in an enterprise environment.

Is there an option to do this that I am overlooking or does it just not exist?  Assuming it doesn't exist, is it on the roadmap for future features?

2 Replies 2

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I’m not aware of a bulk reset option - or at least I couldn’t find it in the API documentation

This is not expected or acceptable behavior however. IP Phones should be reliable for years of uptime. If you can identify a correlation between uptime and performance issues a memory leak would be the classic culprit. Cisco TAC is on the hook (with sufficient logs) to find it and file a defect ID so the devs can fix it. Buckle in though, it’s likely to be a bit of a slog proving it.

Thanks.

I figured it would be no quick fix trying to track down the culprit.  I'm mainly looking for a band-aid to buy us the time we would need to identify and resolve.