Views
Helpful
Replies

Webex Calling - new environment, how to setup VM and Fax to Email

bigperm123
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I am currently looking at the feasibility of moving from our on-prem cucm environment to Webex Calling. I have a POC setup in our Webex Portal and have provisioned 10 test pstn phone numbers to setup and start testing features etc.

Steps so far:

I have migrated a 8811 Handset into Webex Calling, provisioned 10 pstn phone numbers, assigned the Phone Device to my user account. This phone is working fine and call call in/out as expected. 

I would now like to enable Voicemail and a feature we are really interested in is Fax to Email....

I have followed some steps in terms of going into Calling > Features > Voicemail Group and have setup an extension for this Group and enabled Fax Messaging which also required an Ext..... I am just unsure what I need to do next in terms of activating these and using them? Do I need to assign to a user and or device ? I cant call the VM or the Fax messaging numbers yet......

My pstn / ext numbers are setup as below:

4541 - My Primary number

4545 - VM Group

4546 - Fax messaging

Just unsure how I now activate the VM / Fax messaging to become enabled and working? (still very new to Webex Calling so it may be something very simple that I have missed).

1 Accepted Solution

kgroves42
Level 3
Level 3

Hello make sure you go to Voice Portal under the Location, if there is not a number listed in there your voice mail will not work for that location. 

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Vaijanath Sonvane
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

As @kgroves42 mentioned, configure voice portal under Locations to activate voicemail functionality and make sure your voicemail is working . Then you can play around fax to mail feature. Make sure to enable email a copy of message and specify recipient email.

Please rate helpful posts and if applicable mark "Accept as a Solution".
Thanks, Vaijanath S.

kgroves42
Level 3
Level 3

Hello make sure you go to Voice Portal under the Location, if there is not a number listed in there your voice mail will not work for that location.