cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Webex Calling - phone mac addresses

Clifford McGlamry
Spotlight
Spotlight

So, the control hub allows you to add phones in bulk by MAC address.  But once provisioned, how do you SEE the MAC address on a provisioned device in the control hub?  I've been digging all through it, and cannot find it.  This strikes me as outright ridiculous, but maybe I'm missing something here.  If a customer has batch loaded 100 phones, and they aren't labeled, how do I find out which one is which when the MAC address isn't visible in the control hub???

And if you give a customer an activation code, and they lose it, how to you either recall or regenerate it?  The only way I see to do this is to delete the device and add it in again (which also seems kind of ridiculous).

Help me out.  WHat's your experience here?

3 Replies 3

ian-heath
Level 1
Level 1

@Clifford McGlamry did you get any resolution to this?  My thinking is if you have a phone damaged in-life and you ship out a replacement it seems that you can't easily update the MAC address (like you can in CUCM).

Well, sort of.  There isn't any way I've found that gives you an outright list, but if you go to Devices, you can then search by MAC address and it will find the device.  

No MAC Address in list to search by.  You just have to paste the mac in the search bar.