cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Webex Calling: VG3XX

RL5901
Level 1
Level 1

Our organization is exploring migrating from our CUCM cluster to Webex Calling. I have a trial Webex Control Hub to tinker with. I have found the Migration Tool and How-To docs for Users and Phones but I can't seem to find any documents on adding analog gateways, such as the VG310 (or VG320, or VG224, etc.), to Webex Calling. I can only find documents for ATAs, which we don't use. Does anyone have any documentation or experiences to share about adding VGs in the Webex Control Hub? 

1 Accepted Solution

The question didn't ask only about VG224s, which you are correct, are well past support. The VG2XX and VG3XX series analog gateways are high-density analog gateways. I suppose, to avoid this post going off-subject on a tangent about support vs EOL/EOS, I could have asked my question like so...

Our organization is exploring migrating from our CUCM cluster to Webex Calling. I have a trial Webex Control Hub to tinker with. I have found the Migration Tool and How-To docs for Users and Phones but I can't seem to find any documents on adding high-density analog gateways to Webex Calling. I can only find documents for ATAs, which we don't use. Does anyone have any documentation or experiences to share about adding VGs in the Webex Control Hub? 

Back to the question... I reached out to our Cisco contacts and the answer they gave is that Webex Calling does not support high-density analog gateways at this time. 

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

dtibbe
VIP
VIP

Only VG400 are supported by WxC, see https://help.webex.com/qkwt4j/

VG224 is even end of support, so why should it be supported?

The question didn't ask only about VG224s, which you are correct, are well past support. The VG2XX and VG3XX series analog gateways are high-density analog gateways. I suppose, to avoid this post going off-subject on a tangent about support vs EOL/EOS, I could have asked my question like so...

Our organization is exploring migrating from our CUCM cluster to Webex Calling. I have a trial Webex Control Hub to tinker with. I have found the Migration Tool and How-To docs for Users and Phones but I can't seem to find any documents on adding high-density analog gateways to Webex Calling. I can only find documents for ATAs, which we don't use. Does anyone have any documentation or experiences to share about adding VGs in the Webex Control Hub? 

Back to the question... I reached out to our Cisco contacts and the answer they gave is that Webex Calling does not support high-density analog gateways at this time.