cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WebEx Calling Voicemail Lock Time

HollyMarie
Level 1
Level 1

We just recently moved our organization to the WebEx cloud calling. One thing I am noticing is just how frequently users are locking themselves out of their voicemail box. I am unsure as to why they are locking themselves out so frequently, but it has created an increase in tickets and calls to our internal help desk about this. 

Has anyone else encountered this? Is there a spot in Control Hub to either turn off the lockout, or at the very least, up the lockout count from 3 to something higher? I have searched the settings in the system, but didn't see anything specific. Not sure if I just overlooked a setting. 

4 Replies 4

Jeff-PCC
Level 1
Level 1

I agree with @MichaelRalston0900 

Came across a similar issue after our migration and directing our users the settings.webex.com really helped out.

One thing to note: If you are authenticating your login to Webex against AD, you need to make sure the email address that is entered is valid. 

As a test, I tried to login using a 'dummy' and since it was not in AD, it failed.

Good luck!

drussell
Level 1
Level 1

I am having the same exact issue. I'm in the middle of migrating to Cisco Webex cloud calling as well. I know its a change moving from on-prem CUCM and Unity with the new 6 number minimum, but I have alot of users locking themselves out as well. I am starting to ask these users if they put in the incorrect passcode too many times (more than 3, I assume that's the default) or if they are sure they are using the correct one and its just tells them they are locked out.

If I get many that are sure they are using the correct one, I will have to open a ticket with TAC.

Vaijanath Sonvane
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

This setting is not available. As @MichaelRalston0900 mentioned, end users can login to https://settings.webex.com and reset their voicemail PIN.

Please rate helpful posts and if applicable mark "Accept as a Solution".
Thanks, Vaijanath S.

There does not appear to be a spot in Control Hub to remove or modify the voicemail lockout. If users are constantly locking themselves out, they can always reset their own passcode via https://settings.webex.com. This will unlock the account and set it to a new PIN which they can choose themselves. It should help with some of the administrative load but would require a little more user training.