cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DX80 as my personal device

nuno.casanova
Level 1
Level 1

I have a dx80 running RoomOS 2019-12-16 285a7f8edd1 as my personal device (webex).
I wanted to use dx80 in the following scenario.
I'm in the teams space and launch a video conference and want to use dx80 as a video device, but I can't.
what am i doing wrong? or is not possible?

1 Accepted Solution

Hi,

In Webex Control Hub, when a video endpoint is assigned to the user, then it is considered as a personal device. In this mode, Webex Teams client won't find video endpoint and you will not be able to connect it. 

You can change video endpoint from personal device to shared one by configuring it under "Places". In this mode, Webex Teams client will be able to find the video endpoint and you can connect wirelessly to use endpoint camera. 

Please rate helpful posts and if applicable mark "Accept as a Solution".
Thanks, Vaijanath S.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Vaijanath Sonvane
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

When you start a meeting/video conference in Webex Teams, your personal device (DX80) displays this meeting with "Join" button. You can use it to join this meeting/video conference.

Thanks, Vaijanath S.

mtabrez
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Proximity to pair with a device using Webex Teams app is not supported when on personal mode.

Regards

what means "personal mode", can I change it, to select the DX80 camera in webex teams?

Hi,

In Webex Control Hub, when a video endpoint is assigned to the user, then it is considered as a personal device. In this mode, Webex Teams client won't find video endpoint and you will not be able to connect it. 

You can change video endpoint from personal device to shared one by configuring it under "Places". In this mode, Webex Teams client will be able to find the video endpoint and you can connect wirelessly to use endpoint camera. 

Thanks, Vaijanath S.

Just a minor clarification proximity IS supported in personal mode, but you have to be in a call. It is on the roadmap to share outside of a call

https://help.webex.com/en-us/8w0u5db/Wireless-Share-to-Personal-Mode-Devices
Getting Started

Welcome to the Webex Community. This is your home to ask questions, share knowledge, and attend live webinars.