cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Webex Bot uploading file exceed file size limit

guangyya
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi team, I was testing upload files from a bot account to a space, the file contents are some of our testing builds (msi, apk), and when I upload it in script, it tells me that the file is too large. I understand this limitation is designed to protect us from mis-usage and avoid large traffic. My question is: do we have other solutions to send a file at size of (200MB to 400MB), or how can I escalate my Bot account so that I can pass the file size check. 

Thanks!

{"message":"Maximum upload size of 104857600 bytes exceeded; nested exception is org.apache.commons.fileupload.FileUploadBase$SizeLimitExceededException: the request was rejected because its size (287019384) exceeds the configured maximum (104857600)","errors":[{"description":"Maximum upload size of 104857600 bytes exceeded; nested exception is org.apache.commons.fileupload.FileUploadBase$SizeLimitExceededException: the request was rejected because its size (287019384) exceeds the configured maximum (104857600)"}],"trackingId":"ROUTER_62BCFC87-18DC-01BB-1C74-0AFE49B11C74"}

1 Accepted Solution

Rudrakshi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Message attachments are limited to 100MB each as you're already aware, so AFAIK there is no other possible solution to send large file attachment. Moreover, as per the list of supported file types and extensions (as given below), I'm not sure if you'll be able to upload msi, apk file:

• Microsoft Word (doc, docx)
  • Microsoft Excel (xls, xlsx)
  • Microsoft PowerPoint (ppt, pptx)
  • Adobe Portable Document Format (pdf)
  • JPEG (jpg, jpeg)
  • Windows Bitmap (bmp)
  • Graphics Interchange Format (gif)
  • Portable Network Graphics (png)

When you say - "how can I escalate my Bot account so that I can pass the file size check. ", do you mean how to check file size programmatically? If yes, then here is an example to do it in python: https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/how-to-get-file-size-in-python/, you probably can look for alternatives as per the language of your choice.

Best regards,
Rudrakshi Srivastava

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

mparra.fusionet
Level 1
Level 1

I had the same problem due to this limitation, if you have full control of the data you are sending (like a csv, excel) you can split the files or send a link and it them in a cloud storage 

A not so technical solution  to a technical limitation 

Rudrakshi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Message attachments are limited to 100MB each as you're already aware, so AFAIK there is no other possible solution to send large file attachment. Moreover, as per the list of supported file types and extensions (as given below), I'm not sure if you'll be able to upload msi, apk file:

• Microsoft Word (doc, docx)
  • Microsoft Excel (xls, xlsx)
  • Microsoft PowerPoint (ppt, pptx)
  • Adobe Portable Document Format (pdf)
  • JPEG (jpg, jpeg)
  • Windows Bitmap (bmp)
  • Graphics Interchange Format (gif)
  • Portable Network Graphics (png)

When you say - "how can I escalate my Bot account so that I can pass the file size check. ", do you mean how to check file size programmatically? If yes, then here is an example to do it in python: https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/how-to-get-file-size-in-python/, you probably can look for alternatives as per the language of your choice.

Best regards,
Rudrakshi Srivastava

Thanks, good to know the limitation was documented, if there were no way to bypass the limitation, I'll seek for another solution. 

Getting Started

Welcome to the Webex Community. This is your home to ask questions, share knowledge, and attend live webinars.