Views
Helpful
Replies

Mute browser video when answering a Webex call

Johannes L
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there, 

is it possible to auto-mute (browser) videos when the user answers an incoming Webex call? Otherwise, the video has to be muted or paused manually by the user, which is a real pain in the back.

1 Accepted Solution

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Not to my knowledge but Windows has an OS-level audio ducking feature when an application uses the audio interface assigned as the default communication device. Look at the audio control panel applet on the Communications tab.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Johannes L
Level 1
Level 1

Unfortunately, this isn't a working solution for the issue.

It may me worth noting that our soft phone software by Unify is indeed able to pause background music. 

You’ll need to vote on or submit a new feature request for that. Others have asked for it over the years, myself included, but it has not been implemented. You’ll need to make a strong business case for prioritizing it over the thousand other things folks are clamoring for.

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Not to my knowledge but Windows has an OS-level audio ducking feature when an application uses the audio interface assigned as the default communication device. Look at the audio control panel applet on the Communications tab.

Thank you @Jonathan Schulenberg, this was very helpful!