Level 1
Level 1

I have 2 WLAN:

1) Students

2) Staff

I have two Radius Server:

1) for WLAN students

2) for Staff

my expectation is Users from Students Radius can connect only students WLAN and users from Staff radius server can only connect WLAN staff.

But when I configure Security on SSID, I cannot select which radius server I want. I have to add both and users can connect to both wlans.

so what should I do to meet my requirement.

Thanks,

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
If you are not able to choose the radius server from the Alan as in AireOS, then you can’t do what you want. However, you really do not need two radius servers, you should be able to achieve this with one.
-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
If you are not able to choose the radius server from the Alan as in AireOS, then you can’t do what you want. However, you really do not need two radius servers, you should be able to achieve this with one.
-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Rich R
VIP
VIP

I just tried it on GUI and seems to work fine - suspect you haven't followed the config guides.  This is how it looks on the CLI:
aaa group server radius group-one
 server name server-one

aaa authentication dot1x list-one group group-one
radius server server-one
 address ipv4 1.1.1.1 auth-port 1645 acct-port 1646
 key 6 DRE_YaA]A`N_VJJNPg^L`fdAJDLAAB
wlan test1 2 test1
 security dot1x authentication-list list-one
no shutdown

So configure the server - add that server to a group - add that group to a method list - and then use that method list for your WLAN.

But as Scott said you really shouldn't need to do that - you should be able to do it all with a single server.  But above method works fine if you must have different servers.

Key is to remember everything in 9800 is hierarchical and this is no exception.  Don't try and configure it like you did on AireOS - it's a different beast!

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card