cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Do we require CAS service despite of having a dedicated CMX?

Muhammed Adnan
Level 4
Level 4

Hello All,

I have a setup comprising of WLC (8.8.111.0), MSE (8.0.150.0) enabled with WIPS services & CMX (10.5.1).

Since there's already a dedicated CMX (10.5.1), I don't want to enable CAS service on the MSE (8.0.150.0).

The problem with having the CAS disabled on MSE (8.0.150.0) is the maps won't get integrated with MSE at all. Not sure if it is by design or an anomaly. 

Generally do we require to enable CAS despite of having a dedicated CMX in the setup?

3 Replies 3

pieterh
VIP
VIP

look at this thread

Where Rasika anwers this question: 
So that means that the feature to see client location on Prime maps is not anymore supported in CMX?

Thanks Pieterh.

This is indeed a major drawback of not having MSE with CAS enabled in the network. This would be required if one intends to see the map location of alarm despite of having CMX in the network

HI Pierth,

Does not seems to be the case.

On Prime maps, we will indeed be able to see the wireless client locations which are determined by CMX. Please find snippet in the thread i shared:

https://community.cisco.com/t5/wireless-security-and-network/adding-cmx-10-4-1-to-the-prime-infrastructure-3-4-to-see-client/m-p/3780338/highlight/false#M56099

Client locations determinied from CMX on Prime.png

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card