cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Recommendation

Chieu Dinh
Level 1
Level 1

Does anyone recommend any new model controller which can work with the WLC4402 and in the CAPWAP environment?

My controller is ran out of the license, I want to add more AP but the only way is to add one more controller or replace it.

What do you recommend?

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Stephen Rodriguez
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If you are looking to upgrade, teh 5508 will support up to 500 AP in a single unit.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/wireless/products_category_buyers_guide.html#~mid-range

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

George Stefanick
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

5508, you add licenses as go up to 500, as steve mentioned. Its a nice soltuion I have one in my lab and a few deployed in production.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Stephen Rodriguez
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If you are looking to upgrade, teh 5508 will support up to 500 AP in a single unit.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/wireless/products_category_buyers_guide.html#~mid-range

HTH,
Steve

HTH,
Steve

George Stefanick
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

5508, you add licenses as go up to 500, as steve mentioned. Its a nice soltuion I have one in my lab and a few deployed in production.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

stevebohrer
Level 1
Level 1

If money is very tight, you can still find used and refurbished WLC 4402 systems at many places online. Of course, they are coming to End Of Life where they will no longer get software updates from Cisco, but if you feel they work well enough, and they get cheap enough that you can get a spare for a backup, it might be a way to go. (The 5508 is better, and works with current software, so it really is a preferred way to go, but it is also more expensive.)

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card