cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AP541N Connection

gregh
Level 1
Level 1

I have an AP541N connected to a SA540 router.  I have several computers that connect wirelessly including Apple iTouches and a PS3.  I am using WPA personnel with WPA2/AES checked in the configuration.  I do not broadcast the SSID but each computer has a profile setup for the AP SSID to connect automatically.  Last night all of the computers were working ok.  Tonight two of the computers, (Win XP Pro and Win 7 Pro) and the iTouch could not connect to the internet.  The one computer that I checked showed an excellent connection with a correct IP address but could not connect to the internet.

I logged onto the AP541N and changed the SSID to broadcast and then boom everything connected and worked ok.  Any thoughts on why this is working this way and has anyone else experienced this behavior?

Thanks in advance,

Greg

1 Reply 1

alissitz
Level 4
Level 4

Hello and good evening,

I have not heard of this problem. It will be interesting to see if others join in and mention a similar experience.

If it happens again, would you be able to collect the logs off of the AP541 or get a sniffer file?  You might still be able to get the logs.

Concerning the sniffer file - I am wondering if the PCs will hear noise or anything during this time.  I am also wondering if there is any driver issues etc ... we should be able to learn more by a sniffer capture.

Have you called support and asked our support team?

Here is the link to the small business support center, and you can find the correct phone number from this link:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/support/tsd_cisco_small_business_support_center_contacts.html

You might need to save your config as a file and have it ready in case they want to look this over.

HTH and have a good night,

Andrew Lissitz