cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

1262N AP's Bridge Mode with few antennas plugged

yprasannas
Level 1
Level 1

Because of delay in order I only have 4 antenna extensions instead of 12 so can use only two for each bridge.

What is the impact in speed?

Is it better to use two for 2.4 or 5Ghz? Distance, line of sight, interference is not issue.

We will use A and C which are tx/rx since B is just RX.

Concern is AIR-ANT2460NP-R= or AIR-ANT5160NP-R= will have one end dangling because of missing cable extension. I have to cover it up from weather elements.

Thanks!

Yaba

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

If you are using both radios then you need one at least on each radio. You need to make sure you specify that you are using only one port and which one. There is a configuration to disable diversity and to select which antenna port will be disabled and which will be used for transmit and receive.

Thanks,

Scott Fella

Sent from my iPhone

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

If you are using both radios then you need one at least on each radio. You need to make sure you specify that you are using only one port and which one. There is a configuration to disable diversity and to select which antenna port will be disabled and which will be used for transmit and receive.

Thanks,

Scott Fella

Sent from my iPhone

-Scott

Thanks Scot!

I do not need to serve clients so is there any other factor that dictates the radio selection?

Like only 2.4 or only 5Ghz or is it still better to use one 2.4 and one 5Ghz?

Well if your bridging, you will want to bridge on one of the radios... maybe the 5ghz and then have client access on the 2.4ghz. So you will need one per radio at least... make sense?

-Scott

Ok.

On each bridge...I will use 2 available antenna extensions on 5Ghz for bridging with AIR-ANT5160NP-R= (Outdoor)

and attach  one AIR-ANT2460NP-R= without extension for clients as they would be indoor.

Just make sure you configure the antenna port correctly per radio and you should be fine.

-Scott

Deployment is complete...cisco bridging is complex. Would have been nice something like trunk config on bridge instead of creating subinterfaces.

5Ghz has been used for bridging and 2.4Ghz has been used for clients.

We do not see much degradation using 2 out of 3 radios for 5ghz. Speed rate is m15

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card