cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

1524SB Status Solid Red Fix???

eric nguyen
Level 1
Level 1

We have a root AP whose status light is showing solid red.  We power cycled it and it still shows solid red.  According to the Cisco documentation, this indicates a firmware failure.  Unfortunately, we did not get Smartnet with this access points and instead opted for the limited lifetime warranty.

My question is: is there any way to fix the firmware via console?  Whether it be through xmodem or what not.  I ran debugs on the controller and can confirm that the AP is not communcating with the controller.

It is also weird that the mesh APs that were previously connected to this root AP show a solid red on their status lights and green for their RF LEDs.  Shouldn't the status LED be flashing green-amber-red?

1 Reply 1

weterry
Level 4
Level 4

If you're able to to get console to this 1524, I'd be curious to know what the output says.is happening.

If console works, and you can get to rommon or something, you should be able to put another IOS image on it..... but I'm not so sure thats going to help you (but I suppose it all just depends on what the current IOS is saying is happening on the console.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card