cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

(2) AP's in close proximity on same Channel (11). Would this create any problems?

Steve Coady
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

I have several user's that are close to one of the ap's that keep dropping.

I see no reports of user's connecting to the other AP having any issues?

sMc
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Can there be an issue with APs on the same channel, yes and no. You don't have enough info to allow us to help. What devices are having issues, does others have issues, what wireless aps and code are you running, what other troubleshooting have you done?

-Scott

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Can there be an issue with APs on the same channel, yes and no. You don't have enough info to allow us to help. What devices are having issues, does others have issues, what wireless aps and code are you running, what other troubleshooting have you done?

-Scott

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Scott

Thank you for the response.

The devices having troubles are laptops. So far there are only (3) laptops, all in the same room,

intermittently being dropped. There is an AP in this same room and on Ch 11.

No alarms on this AP.

Signal strength is dynamically set to 5*

This Ap has (7) clients currently attached. Only (3) of the (7) appear to have issues.

There are several AP's in the are. The one that appears to be closest is also on Ch11 and power dynamically set to 5*. There are (4) clients on this AP and I have not received any problems reported with clients attached to that AP.

There have been sporadic/intermittent problems Enterprise wide recently, just since last week.

We have been looking at Wireless drivers on the laptops.

sMc
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card